Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum
Fly Fishing Forum and Fly Tying Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.completefisher.com/ad_rates.html

Fishery Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Forum -> Venue Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whistlekiller
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Sat Nav Reply with quote

Have you thought of making this database into a *.csv file that can be loaded on to Sat Nav equipment Chris? It shouldn't be too difficult.

Rich
ChrisNicholls
4,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already have a fishery download for sat navs Rich Very Happy

http://www.completefisher.com/fisherydownloads.html
Chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich,
The fishery downloads doesn't necessarily contain all of the fisheries listed in the database. Perhaps that's something to add?

Fish SKB - The Very Best Fly Fishing Tackle and Fishing Flies
Casting At Shadows - New Zealand and Christmas Island DVDs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another fishery has gone in today Smile

Keep them coming!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE...

After quite a bit more work I've added some bits to the fishery database that you may find useful...

1. The Sat-Nav CSV file - This CSV file takes the information directly from the DB and outputs it to a CSV file (which I hope should be compatable with all the common Sat Nav systems out there). It certainly works with my Garmin Nuvi 310, but I haven't got access to other systems to test it. Please let me know if you have trouble using the file. The co-ordinates for each fishery are taken from the google map positions for each entry, so if the entry has a google map added then the CSV file will contain that fishery, obviously if no google map has been added then that fishery will not appear in the CSV file. A counter displays the number of fisheries that the CSV will contain - So far around 220 fisheries have had a google map added (so if the CSV was to be downloaded right now it will contain around 220 fisheries) as fishery entries are updated or addded to contain a google map the CSV will automatically draw these new positions and add the entry to the file as you download it. This leads onto the next addition....

2. The ability for forum users to add Google Maps to the Database entries - up until now only the forum staff have had the ability to add the google maps to the database entries, this was only intended to be temporary situation so following a few unexpected free days I've finally gotten around sorting out the user permissions - Any registered forum user should now be able to add a Google map to either new or existing entries by adding a valid postcode to the postcode field, upon clicking outside of the postcode box a Google map and a marker should appear, the marker can be dragged around the map and dropped on the exact location of the fishery. You can zoom in or select the different map types to help you pin point the fishery. The postcode is used to generate a rough area so some manual positioning is usually necessary. Upon completing the rest of the form the Add / Update fishery button will add the co-ordinates to the database along with the rest of the information.

3. - A count of the total number of fisheries held in the database - To illustrate just how quick this database is growing I added a counter. With 425 entries so far it's one of the biggest if not the biggest and most comprehensive database of its kind in the UK. Despite that though I still see alot of fisheries missing, so please keep adding to it. If you don't believe that there can that many entries in there just click on the number to see for yourself Smile.

As always if you find a problem please let us know, I've tested it all as best as I can but I would be surprised if there aren't still a few bugs to find....

Hope you find the new additions useful...
Paul

Chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated Smile

Chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have added some more fisheries to the database Smile

Dainger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Chalk Springs in not in East Sussex. Just thought I would let you know so it can be updated

Chalk Springs,
Park Bottom,
Arundel,
West Sussex,
BN18 0AA.

Great Database though

Dainger
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dainger,

Thanks for pointing out that error, I've just updated the entry with the correct address / County and while I was in there also approved the Duncton Mill update submitted by one of our members.

If you spot any other errors please do let us know or alternatively you can even submit an update via the database itself - just look for the Red text
"Spot an Error? click here to send us an update..." found underneath each database entry.

Glad you're finding the database useful and as always if anyone has any suggestions for future improvements please do let us know...
Paul.
Chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to those who have updated recently Smile

Paul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

* UPDATE

A few more features added to the Completefisher Fishery Database...

Both additions are Dynamic - as soon as the database is updated to include a fishery with a set position it will appear in both the google map and the KML file. Hope these new additions will be useful.
Please do let us know if you have any trouble with any part of the fishery database...
The Completefisher Team.
uglystik2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Thornwood Trout Lakes Reply with quote

Just seen your great database, map etc. - thanks - and know of one venue you''ve not got listed: - Thornwood Trout Lakes Located at the very end of Carpenters Arms Lane, Thornwood Epping Essex CM16 6LR I''ve only been there once, and at present it only one lake, fairly small but stocked with rainbows and some browns.

The owner lives on the site (in a caravan!) and it is a lake and no more than that, but he has plans.. The owner''s contact number is 07588 669255 and he''ll give details of prices etc. I''m planning to go again as it not that common to find somewhere stocking browns.

I hope this is useful.

Thanks again.
John (AKA Ugly Stik)
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John, I've just added the fishery to the database:
http://www.completefisher.com/fisheries/fishery.php?id=505

If you want to add more details - or even pinpoint the fishery more accurately on the map (I couldn't find it - but was in a rush) click on the link below (or the same link on fishery page above):

Paul.
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to those who have submitted updates and new entries to the fisheries database in the last day or so. Sorry it has taken a while longer to approve the updates/additions than is normal - haven't had much time use the computer lately...
West Compton Manor Lakes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Coarse Fishing Lakes Reply with quote

Any chance of West Compton Manor Lakes being added to the list? Situated in West Compton, near Dorchester in West Dorset, in a designated area of outstanding natural beauty, these fantastic lakes are on a small private estate and membership is available on an annual basis. More info can be found on: www.westcomptonmanor.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Forum -> Venue Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: