The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.completefisher.com/ad_rates.html

Dogs N Dabs

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Catch and Fishery Reports - All Disciplines -> CFF Members and Guides Catch Reports -> Sea Fishing Catch Reports - Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Dogs N Dabs Reply with quote

The plan was to meet Degs and fish Pensarn but the alge bloom put pay to that so off to the island it was. After a quick brain storm session we decided give Lilly Ponds a bash.

I arrived a little later than Degs who was already getting the bait ready

First few hours were non eventfull really just dabs dabs and more dabs they began to get a pain but at least we were never going blank

As the light faded in came the dogs by there 1000s oh and the dabs were still about taking the Rag

The swell was pretty impresive at times but it did mean i lost what we believed to be a decent pollock due to it

I lost count of the amount of dogs caught the only change from dabs and dogs was this little fella making a refreshing change

It was a lovely night to be out but i was hoping for a little more excitment in terms of fishing as was young Degs
Chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracking pics and report Shent.

I've just come back from a week standing waist high in the sea fishing (albeit fly fishing) and the sound of the waves lapping at the shore is lovely and soothing Very Happy

Chris

Fish SKB - The Very Best Fly Fishing Tackle and Fishing Flies
Casting At Shadows - New Zealand and Christmas Island DVDs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
westcountryboy
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must get out with the beachcasters again soon.

Not used them for months Embarassed

WCB

http://devonschoolofflyfishing.com The BEST Fly fishing tuition guiding and lessons in Devon

http://funkyflytying.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Catch and Fishery Reports - All Disciplines -> CFF Members and Guides Catch Reports -> Sea Fishing Catch Reports - Members All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: