The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.fishskb.co.uk

PB Huss

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Catch and Fishery Reports - All Disciplines -> CFF Members and Guides Catch Reports -> Sea Fishing Catch Reports - Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shent

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: PB Huss Reply with quote

I had a week in my tourer with the family we were just few miles inland from Canarthen so thought it would be rude if i left the tackle at home. Id thought about Gimblet Rock a few of the crazy gang said they may meet me down there but they opted to fish the Island. I went with my gut feeling

On arriving one rod was loaded with sandeel and squid wrap with the other rod close in with Peeler and Lug. First casts on both rods saw fish landed a dog

And a Dab

It was hectic from the word go with the two species above i lost count of the dogs after 30 or so as the light faded a few whiting showed but non any size

The dogs were still eating anything and everything catching 2 at time useing Pennal rigs then a different knock resulted in My first Spotted Ray of the year

I had another smaller one 10 mins later then it was back to dogs so i packed up and headed to the caravan

2 Nights later i decided on another small session I chose a beach between Dinas and Trefor in the hope of a Ray or Huss ( no secret just dont know the name as only fished it once before Aber something or other)

As before one big bait and one rod with lug without the crab. It started really slow then a couple of bow wows took sandeels

Then the rod holding lug began knocking and a Slimey Silver knackeed my rig

This happened again on the next 2 casts so a change of plan. Rigged up a Pulley Rig and a large Squid in the hope a monster was about. 10 Mins Later the rod was nearly heading out to sea, After a good scrap a Huss weighing 13 pound 12ounc was landed. WELL CHUFFED

The only prob was my camera was acting up so i couldnt get a self take (bugger) anyway time was ticking on and i thought id end the evening on high note so headed again back to the van
ChrisNicholls
4,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics Shent, you could add some to the photo competition thread in the photo gallery.

http://www.completefisher.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=29
Chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish Shent, great pics Very Happy

Fish SKB - The Very Best Fly Fishing Tackle and Fishing Flies
Casting At Shadows - New Zealand and Christmas Island DVDs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
BarryFisher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good sesh there, well done !
beatnik69
750 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing those pics of the dogs reminds me of years ago when I was a kid, one of my mates was down the harbour and caught a dog. He brought it back up but didn't know what to do with it. He ended up sticking it in an old car which was lying out the back of our houses. By christ you should have smelt the street after a few days. I think the council were eventually summoned to get rid of it! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Catch and Fishery Reports - All Disciplines -> CFF Members and Guides Catch Reports -> Sea Fishing Catch Reports - Members All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: