The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.completefisher.com/ad_rates.html

First Rays of year

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Catch and Fishery Reports - All Disciplines -> CFF Members and Guides Catch Reports -> Sea Fishing Catch Reports - Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: First Rays of year Reply with quote

Me and the old fella headed for Anglesey around tea time to fish until around 2am
first point of call was Cable bay same with Ty Croes so headed for Ravens point and the swell was excessive so a beach it was (much to the old fellas dislike)

One rod launched out holding sandeel the other 2 hook flappers with various baits much closer in. Fishing started off a little slow with small whiting and Coal Fish.

After first hour or so so the flapper rigs kept pulling out Coalies and whiting double headers sometimes and decent sized one at that. The rod lunged forward and saw me into a better fish after a bit of a tussle in the surf saw my first Small eye of the year

In between the colies a good bite on the long rod saw a plump codling landed

The old man struggled to get a bite other than the odd whiting so he packed up while i carried on for an hour. In that time one lost ray ray in the surf on a flapper rig (1s hook didn't hold) whilst walking back to rod disheartened the other bounced and saw the second Ray of the night

Lost count of the amount of fish a dam fine night .good job i had the old one with me or i would of still been there now plus a serious telling off when i got home. dint you just love it plans go to pot and you come out smelling of roses

Location by Pm due to last time i had a few rays
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Catch and Fishery Reports - All Disciplines -> CFF Members and Guides Catch Reports -> Sea Fishing Catch Reports - Members All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: