The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.fishskb.co.uk

Mozambique
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Discussion -> General Fly -> Salt Water Fly Fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FryFly
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Mozambique Reply with quote

Booked my flight for Mozambique today and leave granted. Going for 17days SWFF with our boat and the 4x4, 12# all the way. March 24th till 10th April, I’m feeling kinda excited. Very Happy

www.unchartedwatersthefilm.com

"Having an affair with Africa is like any great love, It will take you through conflicting emotions of hate & desire, joy & despair & if you stay long enough it will drive you insane and in your madness you will finally realise that come what may, this is where you were meant 2 be."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
Chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm envious! Hope to see more pics and write ups like your last trip!

Would be good to see some video footage too if you can smuggle a video camera in!

Fish SKB - The Very Best Fly Fishing Tackle and Fishing Flies
Casting At Shadows - New Zealand and Christmas Island DVDs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
anglersvoice
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had been "allowed" I would be coming with you FryFly.
FryFly
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you are allowed so come.

"Having an affair with Africa is like any great love, It will take you through conflicting emotions of hate & desire, joy & despair & if you stay long enough it will drive you insane and in your madness you will finally realise that come what may, this is where you were meant 2 be."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
sweeper driver
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Mozambique Reply with quote

FryFly wrote:
Booked my flight for Mozambique today and leave granted. Going for 17days SWFF with our boat and the 4x4, 12# all the way. March 24th till 10th April, I’m feeling kinda excited. Very Happy

Now I'm CERTAIN that I'm in the wrong job...

Enjoy...!!

Rich

--------------------------------------------------------

"the trout, the whole trout and nothing but the trout..."
Dom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where are you going FF?
Spent a week in Benguerua as part of our honeymoon, before I started flyfishing Crying or Very sad
went bait fishing though and caught some absolute monsters (alas outfished by my wife Embarassed )
Also went scuba diving there. Absolutley stunning.
Be good to see some photos.
Cheers
Dom
KZ
4,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pah - jy poes ekse! Scared of a weekend drinking with your Nyati Brethren at the Bewl social so youse gapping it to another hemisphere!
Very Happy
FryFly
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right Kev, I'm scared you'll hit the bed early again and leave me out there alone with Rota.

Hey Dom,

I'm going to personal favourite spot of mine called nascer del sol but i know the place you're talking about. The fishing is just out of this world along the whole coast. The Channels and islands are encredible.
Some photo's from my last visit.

In all my deepsea fishing and diving I've never seen such wild healthy reefs. Not sure how long the place will last as wild and special as it is now but I'm gonna take as much advantage of it as possible. I'll bet you nailed some massive kingfish(Trevalley) and some big barracuda's. my mozambique pics from my last trip can be found on my space
http://fryflyuk.spaces.live.com look under photos, it's the mad mozambique album.

Do you have any shots from your trip?

I'll be taking a lot more pics this time round and try to get a bunch of underwater shots. Can't wait.

Glynn

zanoid slapper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bliksem!! You sure know how to get the old wander lust going again.

I have to find a decent SA repp for my company - then I can make all the trips out there I need (with a fly rod in the case of-course Wink )

Have a great time, Braai vlies, Castle larger and good fishing - what else could you wish for?

All the best
Mike

PS!! Gaan ons die Pakislaan? you may want to catch up on a game or two
KZ
4,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FryFly wrote:
That's right Kev, I'm scared you'll hit the bed early again and leave me out there alone with Rota.

From what I recall the musical wailings of your psycho blonde and her sectionable brethren drove us all to bed, and kept Rota up all night... indeed the poor ouen had to burn his sleeping bag after Talybont Wink
Very Happy
westcountryboy
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAT FIGHT Laughing Laughing

WCB

http://devonschoolofflyfishing.com The BEST Fly fishing tuition guiding and lessons in Devon

http://funkyflytying.co.uk
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KevZim wrote:
FryFly wrote:

From what I recall the musical wailings of your psycho blonde and her sectionable brethren drove us all to bed, and kept Rota up all night... indeed the poor ouen had to burn his sleeping bag after Talybont Wink
Very Happy

PMSL think that sums it up perfectly Laughing Laughing
Dom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FryFly
Have just dug out my photos, and it is even more stunning than I remember. The Sky and Sea are just so blue. That is one of my overriding memories of Southern Africa, how bright and sharp everything was, (well that and the sundowners of course Smile)
Will scan some of the fishy ones in and post them.
The trevally put up an amazing fight, as did the enormous ladyfish my wife caught.
I remember I was fighting one trevally for about 3 and half days, (well OK about 10 mins) and almost had him at the boat, when he shot off like a rocket. I looked at the guide, thinking wtf is happenning, and he just shook his head sadly. Shark he muttered, as there was one almighty judder in the line, and then nothing.
A stunning holiday.
Cheers
Dom
Dom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have just scanned in some of the photos.
Even though these fish aren't that big, they put up one hell of a fight.
This is probably my biggest catch

And my wifes Embarassed

And finally my wifes ladyfish Embarassed Embarassed Bloody beginners
luck Wink
Chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracking photos Dom, glad your wife was getting involved too.

Chris

Fish SKB - The Very Best Fly Fishing Tackle and Fishing Flies
Casting At Shadows - New Zealand and Christmas Island DVDs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Discussion -> General Fly -> Salt Water Fly Fishing All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: