Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum
Fly Fishing Forum and Fly Tying Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.fishskb.co.uk

Kennick reservior devon

Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Forum -> Venue Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cornish stalker

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Kennick reservior devon Reply with quote

hi guys i went to kennick yesterday with my brother and dad, first time we been here. Set of from truro at 615 96 miles later arrived at kennick at 755am. the reservior is stunning very scienic with big rodeddendrums bushes when side and big fir trees with lovely lawns otherside. Went to the permit hut purchased day ticket 25 for 6 fish. My dad and brother took the boat out. We browsed the weeks fish reports not good lots of blanks odd guy with few fish. sounded like it will be a hard day. Set my fly rod up with floater put on goldhead apps first of fished little bay near dam 2nd cast had a pull but no hook up. after ten mins changed to dawil bach moved up along banks but still no joy. bumped in to a local who was booby fishing he had a couple but told me daytime pretty poor here at moment that knocked my confidence abit.
of i went to a point near clampit bay i put on a dropper buzzer with jungle cheek dawil. Fishing it slowly still nothing so i poured out coffee casted out thought let fly drift round put rod down picked cup up took zip and my line was flying of reel rod going over waters egde grabbed it fish on. Fish went mad great scrap fish just over 2ib i was smiling. another hour went buy with odd pluck then time to meet dad bro for dinner so they picked me up in boat we headed back to lodge.
Cooked up home made venison burgers ( we shot the deer few weeks ago) with nice glass red wine.
after that we headed back out i fished around boat bank few locals there odd fish i made my way down through the bank stunning area but no fish hardly a rise, got my dad to pick me up drop me back to clampit this is where my dad started. Put on a blue flash damsel with fast inter 3rd cast i stripped it through fast bang fish on jumped straight water another good scrap this fish was 2-9 nice tail on it.
now i was smiling 2 fish. then 3 casts later another fish on the bank next 45mins i had few more fish and lost a couple all on damsel stripped fast on fast intermediate. My dad came over in boat they mamaged couple lost some once told them what to use where to fish
all in all good day nice fishery shame not lot being caught or rising you would think it was no fish in there. By reports and no rises.
i would defintley go back there. On way home stopped in to jamica inn for pint of cornish rattler
has anyone fished trenchford lake next door pike fishery only thought about fly fishing there but didnt look like lot bank space.
cornish stalker

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just tried upload pictures my phone updated and i clicked wrong setting over 2.5mb just realised Pics on my facebook all rounder can verify ha.
cornish stalker

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cornish stalker

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cornish stalker

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cornish stalker

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trout
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind the trout, just look at those burgers Shock Shock Shock

Good result and good effort moving about a bit and finding fish.
Allrounder
4,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great reports and pics , Warren. Very Happy

Lovely looking trout although personally if I was down your way I would be chasing the Bass instead! Very Happy

Alan Wink
B.A.S.S.
Bridgwater AA

If you see me on the bank, say hello.
cornish stalker

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers thanks the burgers were nice.always taste better when shot done yourself.

the trout were in good condition nice tails on them.
good fighters.
bass ha wont be long alan shame cant keep them at moment. Will try soon on lures Give me shout if your coming down this way again.try meet up. Might have trip up chew stay over travel lodge one weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Forum -> Venue Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: