The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.fishskb.co.uk

Bass fishing 08/09/14

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Sea Fishing Discussion -> General Sea
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Officer Clipboard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:42 am    Post subject: Bass fishing 08/09/14 Reply with quote

Kev and I are just off to Poole to go bass fishing. Hope to put a 'good' report up later!
RogB
750 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any good then?
Officer Clipboard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would have been if we'd been on the right side of the boat Roger!
The chaps on the starboard side had 12 lovely sized bass on the live mackerel we caught in the morning.
The boat drifted over the sandbanks at a fair speed and those on the starboard side had their lines out straight whilst kev and I + one other chap, we were at the back and got nothing.
Once the tide ebbed away, we then anchored up & fished for rays, tope and congers. Two congers came to the boat but it wasn't us!
Disappointed not to get into the bass. Crying or Very sad
RogB
750 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As one of our brethren might say, bugger. I guess that counts as local knowledge, standing on the right side of the boat!

I've been down in Devon a lot and fished a few evenings from the shore - trying to learn from the locals who fish live sandeels and copying that with lures and flies.

I've had plenty of mackerel on everything from flies to dexters wedges, a small rockling at late dusk in the shallows, baby pollock a fish a cast last knockings one evening as it got dark on the fly rod. I did also hook a decent fish on a savagegear sandeel while chatting to a local, after a few tens of seconds playing it the fish did a whopper jump and spat the hook. The local said it was a salmon or sea trout of several pounds plus! He was gutted for me......oh well.

cheers
Rog
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Sea Fishing Discussion -> General Sea All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: