Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum
Fly Fishing Forum and Fly Tying Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.sølvblank.no

South coast off shore fishing

Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Sea Fishing Forum -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flybysage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: South coast off shore fishing Reply with quote

Kevin and I are off on a jolly tomorrow on this charter boat:

http://www.silverspraycharters.com/

Will let you know how we get on!
Flybysage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we had a fun day today.
Started out from Poole Quay at 8:20am and headed along the Jurassic Coast past Swanage. On the boat was myself, Kevin and 8 other guys who had booked.
We drift fished for mackerel for some bait and for the table and then we eventually anchored up on a mark where the skipper was confident we would catch.
Some of the boat caught rays and I got a lovely gurnard which I have eaten tonight!
The bites dried up for everyone so we moved to a different mark, a mussel bed on the edge of a reef. Here we were fishing for congers, rays and when the tide slackened off, black bream.
Using a very large piece of mackerel as bait and a 2lb weight to hold the bottom, we started to fish. Some of the guys at the back of the boat were into congers and 1 was estimated to be 30lb!
Some of the boat were into rays as well but not for Kevin and I. Soon the tide slackened off and I switched over to a bream set up. Almost immediately, I was getting bites on a set up of squid and rag worm cocktails on two hooks. I caught plenty of 2lb + bream and have kept 3 for the table, BBQ tomorrow night! Kev was into the fish as well and he also took 3 home. We were getting bites as soon as the weight hit the bottom, great fun indeed.
Then, the tide ebbed and the bites stopped and it was time for home.
All in all a very good day out with some fantastic scenery to boot.
If you fancy a day out on the south coast, give these guys a go: http://www.silverspraycharters.com/index.php Very helpful and knowledgeable too.

A few pics I took on the way out to fish:
Jurassic coastline

Old Harry's Rocks

Kevin:
Whistlekiller
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flybysage wrote:
Kevin:

I see he's brought his industrial strength toilet brush with him in case of an emergency. Twisted Evil

Web - SKB Fly Fishing
Facebook - SKB Facebook
Twitter - SKB Twitter
Blue Hound - Web Music
Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Sea Fishing Forum -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: