Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum
Fly Fishing Forum and Fly Tying Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.fishskb.co.uk

Fishing rod

Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Sea Fishing Forum -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soohanee

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Fishing rod Reply with quote

What is a good fishing rod for fishing just about most fresh water fish? I live in NJ an love too fish. I just bought a shimano ultra light fishing pole an next week i will buy a reel too complement the pole. I am curious to know if a made the right chose in poles. And y do they call it a spinning rod?

Last edited by soohanee on Wed May 30, 2012 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spinning rods are used for fishing with spinners (lures that spin round in the water)
Shimano are a good manufacturer and you won't go far wrong with their gear

Fish SKB - The Very Best Fly Fishing Tackle and Fishing Flies
Casting At Shadows - New Zealand and Christmas Island DVDs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
BlankDay
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Chris said, Shimano are pretty good. I use an 8000 for salmon spinning although it may be a tad large for trout in small rivers. If you're after varied species and weights though, I'd recommend it and it's robust enough for my casting techniques. Look around and you'll find something to suit your needs.

The rods can also be used for bait fishing where allowed. Cast out, put the rod down (with your foot on the cork handle in case a monster decides to make away with it) sit back, roll a ciggie relax a bit finish the smoke then get serious.

Good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Sea Fishing Forum -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: