The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.sølvblank.no

FLIES FOR SALE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Classifieds -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whistlekiller
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start off like Hans said.................a thinner thread. This was the advice given to me and it paid dividends. Flies suddenly became easier to tie and the smaller heads give a better profile. A good quality varnish also helps for the head area.

May I recommend the Davie McPhail YouTube series for learning a few things? Quite addictive and very good information.

SKB Web - SKB Fly Fishing
SKB Facebook - SKB Facebook
CFF Facebook - CFF Facebook
springwell
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps "The Pimpernel" could post some pictures of his own tied flies for comment? Very Happy

We know you tie extremelly well, and could give Byron some help.

Last edited by springwell on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
BlankDay
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byron,

I apologise unreservedly for the way my recent post was put. Probably in no small measure down to excessive amounts of Talisker.

If you try to sell flies, you have to realise that it's not fish that are buying them, it's fishermen and if they don't look attractive to the angler, the angler will not buy them. Yes, fish are dumb and will take most things presented to them properly but I would suggest that you neaten things up a bit.

As WK posted, you could do worse than to have a look at Davie McPhails fly tying videos on YouTube. He stresses all the time the importance of balance in flies - body, tail length, hackle length and a small but substantial head.

PM Hans. He's a real good fly tying chap and I'm sure that he will give you good advice.

Keep at it.

John
flytier07

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: BlankDay Reply with quote

No problem John. I should have been aware there will always be people quick to crticise no matter what the results. I realise I need a lot of help with tying and that it was a mistake to offer poorly tied flies to fly-tiers, but didn't need insults. I suppose it might be an idea to strip all the flies down and start over, but I did that to some I wasn't happy with already and it would take longer to do that than it's taken to tie the thousands I already tied. Thanks Again and I have already pmed Hans-just waiting for his reply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Classifieds -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: