The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.fishskb.co.uk

FLIES FOR SALE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Classifieds -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flytier07

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: THANKS Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the REAL gentlemen on this forum. I'll take in the comments and work on them. Thanks again. It certainly Won't put me off fly-tying as it's something I love to do.
springwell
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep up the tying, and consider the comments from the experienced , and if your flies are catching fish you must be doing something right Very Happy

Me, I don't, sorry can't tie flies, never tried. My man servant "Sage" aka Andrew Cartwright ties me some excellent flies. Sorry Andrew Very Happy but you got a plug.

Bill Smile
flytier07

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: THANKS FOR THE CONFIDENCE BOOSTS Reply with quote

I'd like to thank the fellows who have helped with their positive comments. I know I left myself open to both posiive and negative comments when I began this thread, but I'm almost GIVING my flies away anyway by the prices I charge and it was only intended to help those people who either ain't any good at tying flies or are too busy to do so. I most certainly will continue to tie flies as I love doing it as a hobby. Is 25p for a dry fly and 20p wets too much and not a GIVE AWAY? That is what I charge- 30-35p lures, 50p pike flies.
springwell
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You keep at it,

Why not have a go at some SWFF flies too, I'll trial them for you Smile

Bill Smile
fish4life85

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: THANKS Reply with quote

flytier07 wrote:
Thanks so much for the REAL gentlemen on this forum. I'll take in the comments and work on them. Thanks again. It certainly Won't put me off fly-tying as it's something I love to do.

Yeah dont get put off mate, whether your good or bad at tying the one thing is that you love doing it so keep at it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: THANKS SPRINGWELL Reply with quote

.I haven't tried SWFF yet, but may just have enough fritz and flash to get started. What I find a real bummer is the fact I don't DRIVE any more and have to ask if any kind anglers would mind taking me out from time to time to test the flies I make to pass the time. Perhaps any one living near me-Altrincham, Cheshire may take me with them when they go fishing? Wouldn't really mind whether I catch fish or not-just getting out in the fresh air is worth its weight in gold. As an example fished Banks Lake, eastern Washington last summer whilst visiting my brother and late mother in Grand Coulee and the magnificent scenery was worth the air fare alone. Fortunately I DID catch fish even though because of very high levels of water the results were a bit disappointing. Surprised
BlankDay
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Hans posted, the heads are HUGE.

Can I ask why you think you can sell flies to anglers on this forum most of whom tie their own?

Also, if you've tied 10,000 flies in the last three years, don't you think there should be a bit more subtlety in your tying?
flytier07

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: A BIG MISTAKE Reply with quote

Okay Blank Day I made a big mistake and there are fly tiers I can't even hold a candle to. So am I supposed to throw away all the flies I tied and start all over again? Would that be subtle enough for you? I personall think this thread has gone far enough. I retract the advertisement, keep using the flies for myself and acknowledge there are fly tiers on this forum miles above whatever levl I may achieve. At least the subject has kept this forum bubbling. At first I thought it was a rather quite forum. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by flytier07 on Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
BlankDay
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup
Hans
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: A BIG MISTAKE Reply with quote

flytier07 wrote:
Okay Blank Day I made a big mistake and there are fly tiers I can't even hold a candle to. So am I supposed to throw away all the flies I tied and start all over again? Would that be subtle enough for you? I personall think this thread has gone far enough. I retract the advertisement, keep using the flies for myself and acknowledge there are fly tiers on this forum miles above whatever levl I may achieve. At least the subject has kept this forum bubbling. At first I thought it was a rather quite forum. Rolling Eyes

The most important fact is, that you keep the pleasure in your tying.
Of course your flies will catch fish, and that is what counts after all.
You will see that once you use thinner thread and concentrate on the size of the heads,
and the way you finish them the flies will look better, and give you fish with more confidence,
and: catch even more fish on them.

Thanks for bubbling-up this forum. Wink
Have a great weekend.
Hans
Whistlekiller
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: A BIG MISTAKE Reply with quote

flytier07 wrote:

Byron,

This has nothing to do with tiers on this forum or their capabilities or who can hold a candle to whom. As somebody who has chosen to put up flies for sale in a competitive market it has everything to do with you and how your flies are perceived by the buying public doesn't it? Criticism about their construction has been, with one exception, of a positive nature indicating how you may improve your technique for the better in order to make your flies suitable for general sale. Hans, Koz and BlankDay are (by a country mile) far more competent tiers than either of us and, as such, people we should both listen to although none of them tie flies for commercial gain

Yes we are quieter on this forum which, thankfully in most respects, filters out the sycophantic bullshit you may encounter elsewhere. As a result, the advice you get is good stuff and not a witch hunt. The three gents mentioned above are of the utmost standing in fly tying, here and elsewhere. Do not take their critique to heart apart from their desire for you to improve. They are trying to help, even if occasionally it can be painful to read. You'd do well to listen and learn as I did. I improved no end and so will you. It'll be worth it believe me. Very Happy

All the best.

SKB Web - SKB Fly Fishing
SKB Facebook - SKB Facebook
CFF Facebook - CFF Facebook
the pimpernel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: THANKS FOR THE CONFIDENCE BOOSTS Reply with quote

flytier07 wrote:
I'd like to thank the fellows who have helped with their positive comments. I know I left myself open to both posiive and negative comments when I began this thread, but I'm almost GIVING my flies away anyway by the prices I charge and it was only intended to help those people who either ain't any good at tying flies or are too busy to do so. I most certainly will continue to tie flies as I love doing it as a hobby. Is 25p for a dry fly and 20p wets too much and not a GIVE AWAY? That is what I charge- 30-35p lures, 50p pike flies.

no problem always happy to help Laughing Laughing Laughing think your asking a bit much though you might have better luck stripping them and selling the hooks Laughing Laughing
Whistlekiller
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: THANKS FOR THE CONFIDENCE BOOSTS Reply with quote

the pimpernel wrote:
no problem always happy to help Laughing Laughing Laughing think your asking a bit much though you might have better luck stripping them and selling the hooks Laughing Laughing

I let the first one go. Do you know something we don't? Is this guy a wrong'un trying to exploit forumites everywhere as well as on here? If you have information to suggest this is the case I'd ask you to post it. Now then, are you perfect?. No, like the rest of us, you ain't. You are showing the OP a total lack of respect here, particularly with the use of repeated smilies to mock his efforts. Whatever you or anyone else thinks of these flies you should take note of how others with good credentials on the CFF have answered in a decent and constructive manner on a public forum and learn from it.

SKB Web - SKB Fly Fishing
SKB Facebook - SKB Facebook
CFF Facebook - CFF Facebook
flytier07

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: BUBBLING Reply with quote

THANKS PIMPERNEL YOU MADE YOUR POINT.I TAKE NOTE AND RESPECT THE WORDS OF FORUMITES ON HERE WHO SHOW RESPECT AND ARE HELPFUL WITH THEIR COMMENTS. THANKS TO HANS AND THE REAL GENTS ON THIS FORUM WHO REALLY ARE A GREAT HELP. I may be in my sixties, but I ain't afraid to learn from my mistakes. Please may I ask for help in tying my flies in the future? WANT TO BUY 10.000 STRIPPED DOWN HOOKS PIMPERNEL?
Officer Clipboard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: THANKS FOR THE CONFIDENCE BOOSTS Reply with quote

Whistlekiller wrote:
the pimpernel wrote:

I let the first one go. Do you know something we don't? Is this guy a wrong'un trying to exploit forumites everywhere as well as on here? If you have information to suggest this is the case I'd ask you to post it. Now then, are you perfect?. No, like the rest of us, you ain't. You are showing the OP a total lack of respect here, particularly with the use of repeated smilies to mock his efforts. Whatever you or anyone else thinks of these flies you should take note of how others with good credentials on the CFF have answered in a decent and constructive manner on a public forum and learn from it.

Well said Rich. Didn't like the Pimps first post nor the second. Don't want this forum to become like the 'other side'. Constructive criticism is OK as others have already done, you can learn from that but general p!ss taking isn't.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Classifieds -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: