The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.fishskb.co.uk

Safari
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fishing Diaries and Blogs -> Fishing Diaries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew Moray
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Barry,

Bazza wrote:
Probably you are referring to didymo which did not end up being quite the disaster feared.

Actually the results have been totally confusing if not mysterious .... precautions such as
sterilizing boots & gear etc if moving between water is still encouraged but with far less emphasis because :-
(1) It was initially appeared in the Sth. Is in certain rivers & it was thought it would become more widespread
eventually becoming established in the North Is as well. However this has not happened & many of the effects
were quite weird such as where two rivers met one might be contaminated & the other not so in the meantime
it would appear the predicted disaster did not eventuate however vigilance remains.

That was it!!, Didymo, Rock snot.
I'm so pleased it didn't turn out to be the environmental disaster it was projected to be.

Quote:
Yeah all things considered & given our age comparatively still enjoying good health & remain reasonably active.

I'm pleased for you both.
I always remember the home video where a casual cast by the good lady caught a fish Smile

Quote:
Seem to remember your considering paying a visit down under ... is that still a possibility when the pandemic is over
... or are there still a lot of mountains to climb ?

There are always mountains to be lie dreaming on, as is the hope of a fishing trip to Nth and Sth Island.

I started fishing again last month after an hiatus, and what did I find amongst the fishing paraphernalia ?, an NZ car window flag from said Menteith fishing trip!!
An omen, and a cause for 6 numbers to be put on a lottery ticket for an NZ expedition, I believe there are one or two mountains and glaciers there worth falling asleep on ? Smile

All the very best to you and yours Barry,
Stay safe, stay well,
Tony
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fishing Diaries and Blogs -> Fishing Diaries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77
Page 77 of 77

Jump to: