The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.fishskb.co.uk

4x size 8 silk Cut shrimps @10,p&p inclusive

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Classifieds -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ACW
500 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: 4x size 8 silk Cut shrimps @10,p&p inclusive Reply with quote

Back in the early 90s I got into dressing and fishing this pattern having worked on the theory that Purple might give me an advantage .
Stan Headley kindly mentioned them in an article in T&S and then in his book of Scottish dressings .
Since those days when fishing hooks rather than tubes and waddies this has been my go to fly ,its caught fish from the Wye up to the Brora and many rivers in between.
It has evolved a bit from the original ,mainly the body is no longer fragile pearly tinsel but now glister type dubbing with a rib ,Bucktail has been replaced in the smaller sizes with finer hair and the silk is now red instead of black ( i find black a bu##er to see what I am doing )
As i am between jobs at the moment and need to pay the 72 to the EA so i can fish the Wye and Severn I will be selling a few
All on size 8 doubles (I have stock) ,4 in number at 10 including postage .
Please no paypal , I dont do it ,cheques or postal orders a PM will get you on the list .
Sorry no photos but heres a link to http://www.salmonfishingforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=85141#post85141
Grey Hackle
7,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a Salmon fisherman but I am a bit of a fly freak fly collector among other things. I too am in-between but with a bloody interview lined up next week! Just as the trout season commences. However can you PM me your addy and I'll put a kite in the post and at the same time wish you, kind Sir, the best of luck in your persuits for both Salmon and employment.

ATB

Smile
ACW
500 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loopy wrote:
I am not a Salmon fisherman but I am a bit of a fly freak fly collector among other things. I too am in-between but with a bloody interview lined up next week! Just as the trout season commences. However can you PM me your addy and I'll put a kite in the post and at the same time wish you, kind Sir, the best of luck in your persuits for both Salmon and employment.

ATB

Smile

You have PM , if for collection how about two silkies and two of the Loch style twiddly flys for dionard mentioned in Headleys bible !
ACW
500 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will dress the same amount on 14s for summer fishing .
Back to work in a few weeks so get the orders in soon !
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Classifieds -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: