The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.completefisher.com/ad_rates.html

Daddy Muddler

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fly Tying -> Step By Step Fly Tying
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pint
100 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Daddy Muddler Reply with quote

Here's some photographic step by step instructions for tying a Daddy Muddler. I find this fly very effective from now until September/October. Use a strong leader as takes are very aggressive.

Materials :-

Hook - Klinkhamer in Size 10, Sedge Hook or Kamasan B175
Thread - Black
Body - Natural Hares Ear
Rib - Pearl Tinsel
Legs - 8 x Double Knotted Pheasant Tail Fibres
Head - Natural Spun and Clipped Deer Hair

You can experiment with different coloured materials but I've always found the natural colours work best. My preference is to fish it on a floating line although some others fish them on intermediate and sinkers.

(If you need assistance for the spinning of deer hair , just go to google and search on spinning deer hair)

Have Fun

Here's the Link to Tying the Daddy Muddler
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fly Tying -> Step By Step Fly Tying All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: