Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum
Fly Fishing Forum and Fly Tying Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.fishskb.co.uk

arlington trout fishery

Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Forum -> Venue Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheCowboy
100 Post Club

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: arlington trout fishery Reply with quote

Has any body fished at arlinton trout lakes in east sussex. if so was it any good and is it worth a visit
Chub1
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: arlington trout fishery Reply with quote

TheCowboy wrote:
Has any body fished at arlinton trout lakes in east sussex. if so was it any good and is it worth a visit

Mick,Sussexflyfisher would be your man,i'm pretty sure he fishes there or at least he did.Its one of the places i want to try out but have not got around to.Have been down there to take a look around albeit a few years ago and on a less than comfortable day.Quite few fishing from the bank into a near gale force wind Shock Laughing .I understand the buzzer fishing can be really good-if its as good as it was at Barcombe reservoir(not too far away from Arlington-now sadly closed)then it would be brilliant.
RogB
750 Post Club

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Arlington Reservoir Reply with quote

Howdy Cowboy,

I've been once early on this year if its Arlington reservoiryou mean. Its pretty big (bigger than Thornton I think) and roughly circular with a dam wall at one end. It was a very windy day when i went so fished from the bank by the lodge with the wind behind me - only had one take and that was a 1 1/2 lb rainbow, many people caught nowt. This is a natural grassy/ tree lined bank with a few reeds etc -seemed fairly shallow - was also cloudy due to the weather stirring it up. The bank to the left of the lodge is made up of wire caged head sized rocks so is not particularly easy to stand on - and your line catches on the wire - i didnt venture further around but it looked more natural. I suspect it will generally be windy as its quite an open site close the sea in a bit of a valley that the prevailing winds would funnel up. There were boats to hire and eventually a few ventured out. Theres a self service system at the clubhouse and the warden chap was friendly.

As you know, reservoirs not my cup o tea - but I would go again. A few more details in the link hidden in the page above.

RogB
RogB
750 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboy

Theres an article on Arlington in FlyFishing & FlyTying January 2010 issue. Not the most incisive piece but would give you a flavour of the place.

Cheers

Rog
Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Forum -> Venue Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: