Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum
Fly Fishing Forum and Fly Tying Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.completefisher.com/ad_rates.html

Review of Vision Koma fly reels
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Forum -> Tackle Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whirling blue

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi , been away from trout fishing for around 10 years . up to then worked in tackle shops and on fisheries. so i have never heard of" bloke tackle". anyone who owns/ runs a company selling expensive kit and then tells possible customers on a public forum they are cheap deserves all he gets. good to see coarse fishing forums are not the only ones that can have a heated debate.
some of the barbel and carp forums end up like a witch hunt. still i think free speech is a good thing so long as it does not go too far. i am sure the bloke geezer is a good guy and feels he is trying to help. i know a good type reader if he wants one Wink (joke)

cheers , dave
ChrisDickey
100 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a Koma and 3 spare spools, i got it the Christmas before last, so that would be 2006 and i have not had any problems,it holds the line and fish perfectly for me so therefore why should i spend a fortune on a reel from the likes of hardy or loop, if i could afford them then yes i probably would buy them but for the price of them i cant fault them, yes they are die cast but if you look after your tackle it will last, if you are rough then not even an expensive reel will hold up to been dropped on concrete, how well do bloke reels hang up after being dropped on concrete,most reels wouldn't fair too well

i have to agree with fossil on this, it is up to ourselves on where we purchase our tackle and most importantly on how much we spend, we cant all be tackle tarts who spend fortunes on tackle that doesn't help them fish any better, just cause they look the part doesn't mean they are the part

Chris
ifor
500 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me of a cheap or expensive reel (cast or machined) you can drop onto rock, stone, tarmac or any hard surface & not consider yourself lucky, if not very, very lucky if you got away without any damage..............................................................

Ifor
nicsis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got 3 of these reels and 10 spools with various lines on them - they offer great value for for the money and the drag works well. The only breakage {due to the die-cast metal) I've had is,dropping the reel onto concrete whilst removing it from a rod after a days very cold grayling fishing - the spool edge just splintered and was unusable, but at 19 for a replacement not the end of the world!

If you want to standardise the reels/spools you use, this IMO, is a good way to go.
Charlie
750 Post Club

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so here is my challenge.

I have a Wychwood Ionica and a couple of spare spools for it. It's a fabulous reel - light, super wide arbour and cool looking but I am too tight to spend the money on the ten spools I really need (they are 60 quid each).

I also have four Danica's which are light and have nice wide spools but are becoming increasingly difficult to change spools on. I recently won an Airflo CST, which at 223gms was not that much more than the 150 of the Wychwood (the Danicas are even less I suspect) but one day's casting with it convinced me the weight difference was noticeable and unpleasant. so it is gone.

Unfortunately, the Koma and pretty much every other cartridge reel comes in over 200gms. Is there anything out there that fits the bill ?

Charlie

PS. I don't need or value a drag.
westcountryboy
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy.

BFR Lamina.

GAC are clearing the last of them.

WCB

http://devonschoolofflyfishing.com The BEST Fly fishing tuition guiding and lessons in Devon

http://funkyflytying.co.uk
Charlie
750 Post Club

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much does it weigh ?

Charlie
Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Forum -> Tackle Talk All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: