The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.completefisher.com/ad_rates.html

Mozambique
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Discussion -> General Fly -> Salt Water Fly Fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FryFly
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely pics Dom - Funny thing as much as we tried neither my dad nor I could get a hook up on one of those untill we put my mom and my sister on the boat, they got one each and left the 2 of us feeling a little shown up Wink They only fished 1 day though so we spent the rest of the hols trying to fish out names back.

www.unchartedwatersthefilm.com

"Having an affair with Africa is like any great love, It will take you through conflicting emotions of hate & desire, joy & despair & if you stay long enough it will drive you insane and in your madness you will finally realise that come what may, this is where you were meant 2 be."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
Pinky
500 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come your wife doesn't need the glove for holding the fish Dom Laughing Laughing

Great pictures and fish though

Pinky
Dom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh, the glove, wondered when someone would notice that.
Well it's because, errm it's because ermmmm, OK OK, I'm a wuss and didn't want to get any nasty fish spines in my supersoft hands Embarassed Shock
FryFly
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon just sent me a pic of some flies he tied for our trip, they not babies but they look the bisso.

Think they will get munched by the tuna.

"Having an affair with Africa is like any great love, It will take you through conflicting emotions of hate & desire, joy & despair & if you stay long enough it will drive you insane and in your madness you will finally realise that come what may, this is where you were meant 2 be."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
Chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, probably a silly question but why are they tied at the bend of the hook?

Fish SKB - The Very Best Fly Fishing Tackle and Fishing Flies
Casting At Shadows - New Zealand and Christmas Island DVDs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
FryFly
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a new method for sure but in principle it's sound. long streamers with a focal target eye for big predators. I think the stats were somewhere around 90% of takes were the head of the baitfish and these guys have big mouths so they should get them in pretty easily. Also the hook the way it is should provide some protection against their razor sharp teeth and shorten the required wire length for the tippet. Guess we'll have to try them to find out for sure though.

Chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you thought about adding a flying hook to it?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
FryFly
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flying hook Shock I'm still trying to explain the 3 new patches on the front of the boat from the single hook Razz

Its not a bad idea if we brought in some kinda tube fly. i would be concerned though whether the material would get caught up and not lie straight once casted out.

Africanflyfisher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My stomping ground.....where exactly you going......some really good Kingies, and you gotta chase the skipjack for a serious fight. I always like to play an 8 weight with a sink tip floater into the reefs and estuaries...you generally get some excitement when a small school of kings come past.

Have an awesome trip...

Mark

En ja julle!!! Hoe gaan dit???
FryFly
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez boet, Howzit sorry I didn't see this till now. Going to Nascer Del Sol, Close to Xai-Xai. Can't wait, I leave on friday, new rods reels and tied more flies than I know what to do with. Skippies?? You get them in the rivers right, what flies do you use as I always loose confidence in the muddy waters. Any tips on tactics there?? The small kingies are going to be alot of fun for the rougher days but most of the fishing will be the deep water stuff after the bus fish and Cuta. Will definitly go after the sail fish although we will be really a month early. Henry G wrote a good essay on exactly what we'll be up to. Check it out on
MOZAMBIQUE

FryFly
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guys, This will be my last post for 3 weeks as I'm leaving the office today and flying tomorrow. I hope those that are going have a great time at the SWFFing social and those that aren't have tight lines wherever they are fishing. I look forward to writing a few catch reports on my return and will be holding thumbs for good weather and big teeth.
See some of you at Bewl!

Cheers,
Glynn

Chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glynn,
Enjoy it, and I hope you bring some more pictures and stories back to us!

All the best

Chris

westcountryboy
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a great time Glynn and give that reel of mine a good workout Laughing Laughing

WCB Very Happy

http://devonschoolofflyfishing.com The BEST Fly fishing tuition guiding and lessons in Devon

http://funkyflytying.co.uk
FryFly
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys, we're back and had a great trip - just catching up and will post soon... here's a quick taster

KZ
4,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah - looks like that fish has sharp teeth... guess that's why Jon is wearing gloves hey?

Wonder what would happen if he dropped it in that inflatable boat?

Laughing

Tell us about it Glynn Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Discussion -> General Fly -> Salt Water Fly Fishing All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: