Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum
Fly Fishing Forum and Fly Tying Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.sølvblank.no

Thailand

Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Sea Fishing Forum -> Catch Reports - Guides -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Thailand Reply with quote

Thanks to Jean-Francois at Fishing Adventures Thailand for providing these reports to us

Fish SKB - The Very Best Fly Fishing Tackle and Fishing Flies
Casting At Shadows - New Zealand and Christmas Island DVDs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saltwater:

Though we are not specialized in saltwater fishing, I can say we know our homework when it comes to saltwater. My "boys" Kik, Noi and Nok love saltwater fishing as much as freshwater. I do too.

We have managed trips at sea, either in the Gulf of Siam, or in the Similans, since 2002. We usually organize 4-5 trips a year, during October to February, mainly for return clients who asked me for it. I just keep quiet about saltwater fishing, not promoting it on my website, simply because I already have difficulties to catch up with the mail. It would be even worse if I had to get additional mail for saltwater. I type emails with a single finger .....got to guide almost daily on top of it....trying my best to make miracles daily.....but I can't do it all though I try hard...

The amount of angler's request of information I receive weekly is such that I just cannot answer to everyone. I always felt bad & guilty - as a matter of politeness - about the fact I am unable to reply to all.

We went at the end of October on the very first trip of the new fishing season in the Gulf of Siam, guiding there a family from France, the Herve family from Brittany. Fishing was pretty good. We had a nice variety of marine fish catches: including sailfish, several narrow-barred mackerel, a lovely bamboo shark, and a big quantity of various bottom fish species.

On our second trip, at the beginning of November, we guided this time 2 UK clients based in Hong Kong. A father & his 10 years old son, Keith and Andrew Purton, several times return clients. We caught there again a huge variety of marine species: sailfish, narrow-barred mackerel, queenfish, garfish, all the rest being numerous & sometimes strange marine fish species of small & medium size, all caught bottom fishing on light tackle. We did particulary well with Fingermark snappers, catching 40 of them in the 1-3 kg mark.

We scored a total of around 600 fish catches in 3 & a half days + 3 nights fishing.
I caught so many fishes myself, all hooked up on light tackle, sleeping only a little & fishing most of the time, that my wrist was still sore when I got back to shore. Sore from having pumped them fishes nonstop. I reeled in so many of them that the butt of my light tackle rod, squeezed under my armpit while playing & pumping them fish, finally went through the fabric of my T.shirt, making a big hole in it. Imagine the kind of fishing action we had!

The highlight of the trip to me was the catch of a Scribbled Leatherjacket (Aluterus scriptus), a marine species I had never caught before, in soon 21 years of fishing all around the country. Due to the fact that particular species is rarely caught on rod & line in that area of the Gulf of Siam, that catch was even sweeter to me!

Fish SKB - The Very Best Fly Fishing Tackle and Fishing Flies
Casting At Shadows - New Zealand and Christmas Island DVDs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Sea Fishing Forum -> Catch Reports - Guides -> Thailand All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: