The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.completefisher.com/ad_rates.html

Portuguese adventure

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Sea Fishing Discussion -> General Sea
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fryfishing
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:40 am    Post subject: Portuguese adventure Reply with quote

As reported elsewhere on the Forum , I have returned from a trip to Lagos in Portugal.
I took some basic fishing kit that fits into the suite case as the estuary in Lagos is very fishable with coarse gear. My first trip out proved good fun, fishing a waggler set up size 8 hook, bread flake and basically trotting it through on the slow movement of the water. Within a few casts the float went under and I struck into a good fish which was a black bream Very Happy
I managed to catch a good amount of these, they seemed suckers for the bread flack just off bottom. They all went back despite some locals wanting them for the pot.
On my second trip out the tide was at a different level and bites were not as forth coming. There are plenty of mullet to be seen actively feeding in the upper leaves but on my previous visits I did not connect with them. I changed to a smaller float and fished the bread flack around 12 inches under it, cast out the flake would float and then slowly sink. The mullet would come up and attack the flack and if i was lucky I would catch one in ten.
A great way to spend a few hours while on holiday.
I will add some pictures later once they are downloaded to this device.
P

https://youtube.com/channel/UCi3uvEhBwv-hz0eGtrNtQgw

Last edited by Fryfishing on Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Liked by: tenet, Allrounder, mc07fly
Fryfishing
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Pictures

[img][/img]
[img][/img]

https://youtube.com/channel/UCi3uvEhBwv-hz0eGtrNtQgw
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Sea Fishing Discussion -> General Sea All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: