The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://fishskb.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=146

Restarting, What Kit Do You Recommend
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Discussion -> Tackle Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tenet
1,000 Post Club
User is Offline


Joined: 15 Jul 2007
Posts: 1969

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't wish to sound a killjoy but should you be fishing???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Repton

User is Offline


Joined: 19 Aug 2007
Posts: 70

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tenet wrote:
Don't wish to sound a killjoy but should you be fishing???


I'm in the fortunate position of living on the reservoir and the fishing jetty is at the bottom of my garden, not many people about out here!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Repton

User is Offline


Joined: 19 Aug 2007
Posts: 70

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's admittedly not the worst place to be on lockdown, so I wanted to get some new tackle as you can see from the surrounding landscape there's not much else to do up here apart from fish and I'm the only one allowed to at the moment, otherwise there are a few members of a private syndicate but it doesn't seem like I'll get to meet them for a while, I moved here in November last year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Andrew Moray
1,000 Post Club
User is Offline


Joined: 09 Apr 2006
Posts: 1431

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll catch a few on that Punk IPA Smile

Have you made a shortlist of what you'll need and shortlisted any kit yet Euan ?.


Regarding nets, I use a McLean net most of the time, a different one for rivers/fisheries, fishery one extends.
The boat net I mentioned earlier actually appears to be a 3 section coarse handle, and a separate, screwed in, net, all metallic bushings etc.
I'd recommend something like that if there's steep banks, the handle is a solid bombproof piece of kit, and not very expensive IIRC.


All the best Euan,
Tony
_________________
I have finite time and mental capacity, negative people 'kin "cough".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Repton

User is Offline


Joined: 19 Aug 2007
Posts: 70

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony

Aye the Punk IPA is keeping me going just now Laughing Cool

I'm going to look at shortlist tonight Very Happy . I was having a rummage through the sheds and found some other kit again, a greys 10ft #7 gr30 and reel.

Will reply in a bit once i've finished household duties Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
tenet
1,000 Post Club
User is Offline


Joined: 15 Jul 2007
Posts: 1969

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Euan i fully understand your position but I suspect if the local Police were to observe you fishing, notwithstanding you manage the reservoir, they would take a dim view. There are many folk in a similar position to yourself who are itching to cast a line but are adhering to the rules. Sorry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Liked by: Repton
Repton

User is Offline


Joined: 19 Aug 2007
Posts: 70

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tenet wrote:
Euan i fully understand your position but I suspect if the local Police were to observe you fishing, notwithstanding you manage the reservoir, they would take a dim view. There are many folk in a similar position to yourself who are itching to cast a line but are adhering to the rules. Sorry.


Laughing

Here's an idea, since you are really quite concerned why don't you pop over to - https://www.met.police.uk/tua/tell-us-about/c19/tell-us-about-possible-breach-coronavirus-measures/ and file a report, or you could call 101 and explain why it's urgent.

I'm pretty sure my brother in law "liked" my pic on facebook, and as it happens he's a local bobby. I'd actually pay good money to see the police make their way up the two mile long dirt road (barely qualifies as a track never mind a road) through the fields up here to observe me, I've had the police up here once in the last 6 months to get rid of two folk sleeping in their car outside my house, the van nearly lost its exhaust system and the cops did not enjoy the drive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
tenet
1,000 Post Club
User is Offline


Joined: 15 Jul 2007
Posts: 1969

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Repton wrote:
tenet wrote:
Euan i fully understand your position but I suspect if the local Police were to observe you fishing, notwithstanding you manage the reservoir, they would take a dim view. There are many folk in a similar position to yourself who are itching to cast a line but are adhering to the rules. Sorry.


Laughing

Here's an idea, since you are really quite concerned why don't you pop over to - https://www.met.police.uk/tua/tell-us-about/c19/tell-us-about-possible-breach-coronavirus-measures/ and file a report, or you could call 101 and explain why it's urgent.

I'm pretty sure my brother in law "liked" my pic on facebook, and as it happens he's a local bobby. I'd actually pay good money to see the police make their way up the two mile long dirt road (barely qualifies as a track never mind a road) through the fields up here to observe me, I've had the police up here once in the last 6 months to get rid of two folk sleeping in their car outside my house, the van nearly lost its exhaust system and the cops did not enjoy the drive.


Wow - what a silly response. The EA England, the equivalent in Scotland, The Angling Trust and all angling bodies have all suspended fishing throughout the land. To be exact that means everybody, everybody including Euan. This forum comprises avid anglers and for many they could creep off to some isolated river or stream and fish away undisturbed but they don't as they are responsible citizens.
So I wish you well Euan but you will have no further input from me and I would trust from other contributors to this forum. Good day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Andrew Moray
1,000 Post Club
User is Offline


Joined: 09 Apr 2006
Posts: 1431

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Euan,

Apologies, been busy, one more day to go Very Happy
How're you doing with the shortlist of gear and needs ?.

I'll be back in touch asap.
Tony
_________________
I have finite time and mental capacity, negative people 'kin "cough".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VGB

User is Offline


Joined: 26 Dec 2017
Posts: 83

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be accurate it is not the EA or Angling Trust that have banned fishing, it was the FHI:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/the-fhi-remains-in-operation-covid-19

You can fish if the fishing can be carried out on your property and you will find that the AT have endorsed an article on their Facebook page of someone carp angling on their own lake.

Regards

Vince
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Allrounder
Moderator
User is Offline


Joined: 09 Apr 2006
Posts: 5172
Location: Somerset. UK

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VGB wrote:
To be accurate it is not the EA or Angling Trust that have banned fishing, it was the FHI:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/the-fhi-remains-in-operation-covid-19


This is very helpful Vince! Cool

There was a guy spouting off on Facebook (so whats new?) who took the view that as the EA hadn't banned angling and as angling isn't specifically mentioned in the Governments general guidance to the public then the Angling Trust had 'jumped the gun' and decided to ban angling themselves in an attempt to win kudos with the Government!!

Yes, really! Shock Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Always good to be able to point to the precise Government advice. Very Happy

Alan
_________________
Member of ...
The Angling Trust
BRFFA
B.A.S.S.
Pike Fly Fishing Association

If you see me on the bank, say hello... from a safe distance! Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Discussion -> Tackle Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group