The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.sølvblank.no

Farmoor 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Catch and Fishery Reports - All Disciplines -> CFF Members and Guides Catch Reports -> Fly Fishing Stillwaters Catch Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club
User is Online

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting day at Farmoor No1.
Considering it was a very cold March day with a good blow from the North with intermittent rain, the buzzers were hatching in good numbers and the Sand Martins were over the water feasting on hatching fly.

So this started to make me question my tactics for the day. I started fishing cast and retrieve with the Di7 and two boobies and that produced some takes and fish quickly. But watching the hatch taking place I decided to try the floating line and a very long leader but that produced nothing. Then I tried a medium sink with a mix of lures and nymphs that also caught nada.

So it was back to the Di7 and I was into fish straight away?? It just goes to show how you can overthink things.

I was going to stay over and fish Friday but I canceled as it looks like I would not be able to get into London for the weekend.

P

BTW it was one of the Farmoor twitchers that identified the Sand Martins for me.
Liked by: JCP, Allrounder
tenet
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give it a few more days and the fish will tune in to the buzzers especially the recent stock fish. Thanks for the report. Stay safe living in london.
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club
User is Online

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Doug..
As I was on No1 all the fish went back, but I would have liked to spoon one to see if they were feeding and if they were on what.

I have just purchased an Airflo DI5 from ebay as I had issues with the Airflo site, my first fishing purchase in 2020.
Smile Very Happy
Liked by: Allrounder
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club
User is Online

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All.
I have just been informed by the warden that boats are suspended but the bank remains open.
With a bit of luck and a safe trip back to Watford I may go up there on Thursday.
P
JCP
500 Post Club

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:54 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote

Thanks Peter for the heads up on the boats.Shore should be good soon.Have to try a bit of ''Bung Ho'' Laughing

Best JP
tenet
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farmoor now fully closed for both bank and boats.
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club
User is Online

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Doug.
Is that on Facebook? That seems to be their only means of communicating unless you phone them up, someone answers and ask the question.
I am not surprised after Chew closing.

At the moment I am still in london and catching up on reading YouTube and scrolling through Ebay fishing auction only, but not bought anything.
The bank accounts should be fuller at the end of the month with no restaurant, pubs, weekends away, petrol or meet ups.

Keep well all.
Peter
tenet
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Peter, on Facepuke.

Lifted from FB:

Dear all,
Due to the current drastic circumstances Farmoor Reservoir and therefore the fishery will be closed for the foreseeable future.

We are extremely sorry about this but Thames Water want to be sure of doing the right thing for our communities and our customers.

We will of course keep you fully updated on any changes.

The rangers will still be contactable during working hours and are as ever on hand for any questions you may have.

Please look after yourselves and others around you and we will look forward to having you all back soon.
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club
User is Online

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for updating that Doug.
I have emailed the contact address on the website asking the question of why they only choose F.B to communicate with their customers.
I reloaded Twitter incase they are doing updates there but no they are not.
Let see what happens.
P
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Catch and Fishery Reports - All Disciplines -> CFF Members and Guides Catch Reports -> Fly Fishing Stillwaters Catch Reports All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: