The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.slvblank.no

Farmoor 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Catch and Fishery Reports - All Disciplines -> CFF Members and Guides Catch Reports -> Fly Fishing Stillwaters Catch Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wylye
250 Post Club

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re the theft of the outboards you'd think that TW would have learned from the last time. Moor boats off shore and they are safe. CCTV and alarms on the pontoons. Expensive but not as much as a load of new outboards.
tenet
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are details of the Perch comp at Farmoor lifted from thei facebook page:

Tickets for the Farmoor Perch competition will be on sale from 10am on Saturday 31st August. We can muster 19 boats with two anglers per boat.

Tickets @ £45.00 pp will be allocated on a first come first served basis and will be secured with a £20.00 deposit. Card payments accepted by phone.
07747 640707

RULES

No dead rods to be fished.

Lure only match, no spinners, spoons or blades.

Lures should be a minimum of 3 inches and single hooked.

All trout to be returned quickly and safely.

TW life jacket to be worn at all times throughout the competition.

No mooring or drifting within 50 yards of any bank, pontoon or structure.

A “no go” zone will be observed around the sailing club beach area.

The winning rod will be the angler with the longest three fish combination as measured with the fish tape provided.

All fish to be photographed and sent to the ranger’s lodge by text or Facebook messenger. No tail pinching or enhancing the picture in any way.

If two or more anglers have the same lengths then the first to phone in the result wins.

The balance of £25.00 will be payable on match day, 20th October.

Prizes will be paid out to 5th place.
This is a singles match but you can choose your boat partner. No cancellations within 72 hrs of the match, with any no shows place given to the next competitors in line.

1st. Farmoor predator season
ticket plus £325

2nd. 3 predator boat tickets
Plus £200

3rd. 2 predator boat tickets
plus £125

4th. 1 predator boat ticket
plus £50

5th. 1 predator boat ticket.

Tight lines!!
30 comments
3 shares
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have a season ticket. so apart from the fame of winning there is not much in it for me.

These two rules will put a lot of people of

No mooring or drifting within 50 yards of any bank, pontoon or structure.

A “no go” zone will be observed around the sailing club beach area.

Farmoor Perch are a bit like Australia's population, that is most of the people are in a few locations.
I think I will wait for the predator fishing season to start and concentrate on No1.
P
tenet
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to be in Oxford every morning this week so today popped into Farmoor to say hello. Water levels almost full with a slight green algae stain but visibility pretty good. The young lady manning the lodge seemed to think temps down to 18 or 19c and falling but catching fish still "challenging". Spoke to one of the only two banksmen out and he was struggling although his pal, 20m away, had taken 2. F1 still closed but hopefully will be reviewed in the near future. Outboard engines will be arriving in the next week or so and the boats have been topped and tailed to remove years of barnacles and other detritus.

Might just have a session Thursday afternoon just to keep the shoulder from seizing up (weather permitting of course).
Liked by: JCP, Allrounder
tenet
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having completed my business in Oxford I arrived at Farmoor about 12.30 feeling a little peckish. A large egg and bacon bap and a cup of coffee had me feeling better so off to get a ticket. Ranger advised that things still very tough so only charged for a 2 fish ticket - levels good, lightish NNW wind and good clarity. The only thing missing are the fish. Started on the west side with a intermediate washing line set up for about an hour without a touch. Changed to a full floater with a team of db's and twiddled away. Had a smash take which caught me unawares ripping the middle dropper and a fine fish was away. Rang the changes over the next few hours without a touch but there were fish moving up the wind but about 60yds out. Finally had an offer to a wet hopper but we parted company after a minute or two. That was it - only 2 other rods out when I arrived but they left mid afternoon leaving me all on my lonesome but was joined a little later by 2 other rods but neither had a fish when I left about 6.45.
The lake needs stocking but they won't do this until temps fall to 17c, Mark told me that readings would be taken in the next day or two but to my mind I think they are already there or thereabouts. Outboards should be fitted hopefully at the end of next week so things should be set up for the backend.

Cheers - Doug
Liked by: Fryfishing, Allrounder
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made the trip to Farmoor this afternoon, on arrival it looked quite promising with a good S/W blow and over cast sky.
Before setting off I spoke with the ranger on duty about the lure fishing and the new plan for dealing with boat tickets and start times. They are going to change the hours the boats are allowed out to 9.30 am but they are also going to be allowed to stay out later. Apparently it is all about availability of staff and jobs that need to be done before they open in the morning.
There also seems to be issues with boats on No1, the dock needs to be replaced the old one was the sailing clubs.

So to the fishing, it was not good.
I tried a range of tactics but nothing worked for me, there was little to no movement of fish so it was hard to judge what might have been going on. I did not see any of the other bank anglers catch either.
Around 4 o'clock I decided to have a go on the Thames with the dropshot rod. It was a good call as I had around ten perch up to a pound in weight which helped to lift my spirits before going back to a last try at the trout.

There were over a hundred Cormorant resting up on both 1 & 2 and I counted over 30 Grebs feeding in the area I was fishing on No 2. It is no wonder all those small fish we see earlier in the year disappear rather rapidly. The next thing will be White Tail Eagles eating the trout Sad

Liked by: tenet
wylye
250 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I phoned the rangers two days ago and asked about the current position. They are waiting for the water temperature to drop to 17 degrees before they re-stock and they anticipate this happening in about two weeks. Current water temp is still around 19 degrees so a little way to go yet. Console yourselves, though, we'll be fishing floating lines in November at this rate.
tenet
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's warmer than it was a week ago and we have had some pretty cool nights in the meantime. Hmmmmmmmmmm

Any news on the engines Peter - was told it could be this weekend.
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re engines, I think he said in the next couple of weeks.
The boat dock on No1 has been removed and replaced with the same sort of construction but not as long/big closer to the launch area. I do not think boats will be going out on No1 for some time. I did say No1 was ideal for float tubes and kayak fishing but I doubt that will happen at any time soon.

P
tenet
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Peter - I may be an old cynic but the delays in stocking, engines etc smacks of suits worried about cash flow. Things keep getting put back. Sad
tenet
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news - stocking commencing tomorrow and Thursday coupled with new engines supposedly being fitted today/tomorrow.😀
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news.
I will be back at the beginning of October so fingers crossed that things settle down and the engine thieves do not return.
P
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Catch and Fishery Reports - All Disciplines -> CFF Members and Guides Catch Reports -> Fly Fishing Stillwaters Catch Reports All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: