The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.completefisher.com/ad_rates.html

Farmoor 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Catch and Fishery Reports - All Disciplines -> CFF Members and Guides Catch Reports -> Fly Fishing Stillwaters Catch Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a quick visit today in bright sunshine and a wind that was light and constantly changing direction, it was hard work and I blanked.
Sad
If I had the time to stick at it I may have had some fish, despite the weather conditions there was the odd fish showing and the occasional rise out in the ripple.

But here is some interesting stuff.

The water is clear but there is a lot of algae forming around the edges plus the straw bales have been topped up and there is some floating straw around in No2.
There are also a lot of sticklebacks and small fry in the edges in fact Millions of them (see below). The whole place is covered in Goose Cr&p and the geese are everywhere.

I also spotted a dead pike at the edge of the boat launch on No1 it had washed in and looked like it had been dead for a while.

Liked by: tenet
tenet
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not looking good Peter - rangers very coy when I phoned the other day but they did say things pick up after 6pm. Shame the boats have to dock by 8pm, cannot understand the logic behind this. Businesses have the right to manage their business as they see fit but one would have thought that this resource should be utilised more fully. Better catches equals more fishermen/women. Not rocket science. Sad
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely agree re boats, its not as if they spend hours cleaning them and preparing them for the next day Question Plus the wind surfers and sailing people seem to stay on the water much later and are still faffing about when the anglers are rushing not to miss the allotted gate closing time.

Between you and I and the other readers I am feeling a bit negative about fishing at the moment. After my last trip to the States where the authorities do every thing to help and most water is open to fish ( with a state licence ) and sit down for this, you actually catch some fish Shock
The UK just seems so tied up in red tape and my local waters seem to be suffering with all sorts of issues that mean the fishing is VERY difficult and un productive.

Sad
tenet
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farmoor 1 closed for fishing due to high water temperatures - Farmoor 2 is catch and kill only. Latest from their Facebook page.

Full marks to Will and his team for putting fish welfare above profit.

Edit : would appear to be about a month earlier than last year Sad
Liked by: Fryfishing
tenet
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently thieves (possibly travellers) stole half a dozen or so outboard motors from the fishery and boating club. Post the rain and cooler conditions I thought I might make the journey but for the time being no fishing from boats.

The return of the Gurkhas perhaps Shock
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did that not happen last year, but they got them all back????
I am planning a bit of bank fishing there on Friday.
P
tenet
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regrettably they came back earlier this week. Rangers said that TW are ordering new engines which aint a bad thing.
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The security there has always been rather lax, hopefully it will get a bit tighter now and again hopefully it will not mean some management decision that effects the access to fishing.
I am looking forward to some bank fishing tomorrow.
Watch this space.
Very Happy
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was VERY difficult today on the reservoir and the Thames, basically nothing worked for me with the trout.
Then the Thames was just as bad, not only no fish but I lost three lots of end tackle.
Sad
tenet
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waters just too warm - I'm resigned to not fishing until things cool down in a few weeks time. Bloody grass keeps growing though Sad
wylye
250 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter,

The photo is not roo clear but I would guess that middle fish to be either a perch fry or a ruffe, Plenty of both in Farmoor
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It did look to me like a stickleback but a ruff is a good call, there were millions of tiddler fry in there.

I am thinking of booking a boat and plumbing the depth to find the cold water and maybe a trout or two.
The fish finder batteries are on charge ready for a trip.
P
tenet
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No boats at present Peter - they await new engines which are a few weeks away I believe. Itching to get out as temps must have started to fall and may make an afternoon trip later this week from the bank. Spoke to rangers this morning and a reasonable number of "good old boys" have been fishing with an average catch of 1plus .
Chew plucked at present with algae blooms Sad
Liked by: lakefisher
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I phoned yesterday but there was no date for the arrival of the new engines and no boats for hire for a while yet, there was also no confirmed date for the opening of No1.
So bank only on No2.

Meanwhile, last time I was there I saw three Paddle Boarders on No1, So I asked how it could be that Paddle boarding would be allowed and yet float tube and Kayak fishing was not ???
The reply was the sailing club had arranged H&S and insurance to use Paddle Boards BUT T.W is looking at allowing access for float tubes and Kayaks on No1.
I somehow doubt it will ever happen but fingers crossed.

tenet
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was hoping to have an afternoon from the bank this afternoon but things have conspired against me. Sad

Like Peter I spoke to the rangers yesterday and they are hoping to enter an agreement to lease engines and all being well this will be in place by early/mid September. Assuming that the stock of fish have survived the high water temps coupled with relatively low predation rates then we should be in for a good backend. Here's hoping. Smile
Liked by: JCP, Fryfishing
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Catch and Fishery Reports - All Disciplines -> CFF Members and Guides Catch Reports -> Fly Fishing Stillwaters Catch Reports All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 11 of 16

Jump to: