The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.thornwoodtroutfishery.com/

Looking for a good fly fishing reel

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Discussion -> General Fly
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fisherman0999

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:11 am    Post subject: Looking for a good fly fishing reel Reply with quote

Anyone have any advice to what fishing reel I should get for fly fishing? I was looking here, but don't know what to get.
fossil-fish
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.fishskb.co.uk/product-category/fly-reels/skb-reels/

Check these

https://en-gb.facebook.com/woodfordfly/
MikeB

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a good fly fishing reel Reply with quote

fisherman0999 wrote:
Anyone have any advice to what fishing reel I should get for fly fishing? I was looking here, but don't know what to get.

Imho the main function of a fly reel is to carry the line to and from the venue without it getting tangled up in the back of the car. (You drop it on the bank or in the water and it gets tangled up there instead). The reel doesn't have much of a part in catching the fish. I've got several JWY 1500s and a couple of the ones they made for Daiwa, none of which cost a lot on e-bay and which will last me out. But if you want to get a smart new one certainly talk to Rich at SKB, theirs work well and look lovely. As. of course, does Rich. I've never heard of the ones in your link and I don't understand how they "truly enhance your strike rate in a perceptible manner". The important thing is to get a reel and go fly fishing asap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Discussion -> General Fly All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: