The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.sølvblank.no

Farmoor 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Catch and Fishery Reports - All Disciplines -> CFF Members and Guides Catch Reports -> Fly Fishing Stillwaters Catch Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wylye
250 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenet,

To the first part of your post the answer is in the negative. The only one I had is still in the booby box, but I will tie one or two more.

To the second part I heartily agree. I have a lot of metal in my left leg and getting in or out of the boat is always a risk operation. It would not take a lot to put the sort of stanchion on that Chew have for example.
JCP
500 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject: Boat Access Reply with quote

Sympathise with you Doug and injuries could have been worse.It is a bit of an adventure getting on and off the boats for some of us seniors especially when fishing solo.I have not boat fished No 1 because of this.So far have always managed on the No 2 boat dock quite easily although couple of times has been an adventure getting back onto the dock.Glad you had a good day but sad to see ''Darth'' The Allrounder has influenced your methodology.I have done my share of Back Drifting on Farmoor but always looked up to you Doug as a beacon of hope and possible salvation.As the man said.''When you look into the dark side careful you must be because the dark side looks back''. The tug is the drug.A productive session and home in more or less one piece.How bad can it be.All the best for the op.Maybe tie up some ''Goats Toe'' Boobies whilst you recuperate.Talk soon.

Best JP
wylye
250 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Boat Access Reply with quote

JCP wrote:
Sympathise with you Doug and injuries could have been worse.It is a bit of an adventure getting on and off the boats for some of us seniors especially when fishing solo.I have not boat fished No 1 because of this.So far have always managed on the No 2 boat dock quite easily although couple of times has been an adventure getting back onto the dock.Glad you had a good day but sad to see ''Darth'' The Allrounder has influenced your methodology.I have done my share of Back Drifting on Farmoor but always looked up to you Doug as a beacon of hope and possible salvation.As the man said.''When you look into the dark side careful you must be because the dark side looks back''. The tug is the drug.A productive session and home in more or less one piece.How bad can it be.All the best for the op.Maybe tie up some ''Goats Toe'' Boobies whilst you recuperate.Talk soon.

Best JP

Plenty of time yet to put Darth Vader and all his tricks to bed for the summer. I, too, look forward to fishing buzzers on the floater, but until then if its down on the deck where they want it to be then that's where we have to put it. Hats off to Doug for recognising the need during the winter months and kitting himself out accordingly. Another month to six weeks and then we'll see.
tenet
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wylye wrote:
Tenet,

To the first part of your post the answer is in the negative. The only one I had is still in the booby box, but I will tie one or two more.

To the second part I heartily agree. I have a lot of metal in my left leg and getting in or out of the boat is always a risk operation. It would not take a lot to put the sort of stanchion on that Chew have for example.

I've had both knees replaced,right hip replaced and right ankle fused so a true metal Mickey. Not sure why the rangers aren't present at whistle blowing time to help folk. Certainly Chew these past few seasons have provided assistance. I'm sure the rangers have other duties but to the lay person one wonders what they are.

I have e-mailed TW and will report back IF I get a response.
tenet
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full marks to TW Farmoor - they responded to my email this am and confirmed that they are aware of the problems associated with disembarkation at the pontoons. Apparantly the pontoons are currently the responsibility of the Sailing Club who have,i guess, resisted improvements but the good news is that TW take over responsibility in the near future and they will be in a position to make improvements.

Can't happen soon enough. Cool

Regards - Doug
Liked by: JCP, Allrounder, lakefisher
Silver Invicta

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All , especially Tenet .. I also have dupuytrens in both hands , been over 20 years now , numerous operations etc
Xiapex injections in my right hand end of march , hope recovery is quick otherwise it will be left hand casting !!! Hope to get out more this season , illness and a new puppy curtailed fishing last season . The sprocker is still manic !!
wylye
250 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tenet wrote:
Full marks to TW Farmoor - they responded to my email this am and confirmed that they are aware of the problems associated with disembarkation at the pontoons. Apparantly the pontoons are currently the responsibility of the Sailing Club who have,i guess, resisted improvements but the good news is that TW take over responsibility in the near future and they will be in a position to make improvements.

Can't happen soon enough. Cool

Regards - Doug

That would have been an interesting situation. Yacht club are responsible for the pontoon but refuse safety improvements. Angler falls and injures himself getting in/out of a boat moored to an unsafe pontoon. I doubt there would have been a sailing club once H & S had finished with them.
JCP
500 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject: Sprocker Reply with quote

Silver Invicta wrote:
Hi All , especially Tenet .. I also have dupuytrens in both hands , been over 20 years now , numerous operations etc
Xiapex injections in my right hand end of march , hope recovery is quick otherwise it will be left hand casting !!! Hope to get out more this season , illness and a new puppy curtailed fishing last season . The sprocker is still manic !!

Good luck with your student sprocker. Will undoubtedly take time and a lot of patience.Probably scorching the grass at the moment.Guessing not a first time owner to take on a sprocker. Laughing

Best JP
Liked by: Silver Invicta
wylye
250 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver invicta. if you will go and get a dog that is half a lunatic springer and half a barking mad cocker you end up with a sprocker. My 9 month old ESS is the most difficult dog to manage I've ever had, and he's my 8th ESS. I thought I understood the breed, but he is something else entirely. I suspect that if I ever manage to boot a brain cell into him he'll turn out to be one of the best, but it's going to be a real trial getting there!
Silver Invicta

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Sprocker Reply with quote

[quote="JCP"]
Silver Invicta wrote:

Good luck with your student sprocker. Will undoubtedly take time and a lot of patience.Probably scorching the grass at the moment.Guessing not a first time owner to take on a sprocker. Laughing

Best JP[/quote

My first sprocker ( had ESS and WC ) before . Wished I had kept a diary , could have written a book , would have had to go in the fiction section as nobody would believe all the antics he has got up to , and still only just over a year old . Never had to resort to long line training , garden looks like a war zone , special diet ( gluten intolerant ) , eats and chews anything , the list is endless !! Local keeper told me about him when I was after a pup to replace an old ESS ! He ain`t gonna beat me !!!
Silver Invicta

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wylye wrote:
silver invicta. if you will go and get a dog that is half a lunatic springer and half a barking mad cocker you end up with a sprocker. My 9 month old ESS is the most difficult dog to manage I've ever had, and he's my 8th ESS. I thought I understood the breed, but he is something else entirely. I suspect that if I ever manage to boot a brain cell into him he'll turn out to be one of the best, but it's going to be a real trial getting there!

I keep thinking my lunatic will come good , just over a year old , still plenty of time but hard work . One day I think I may have cracked it , then I have a week of manic behaviour .
JCP
500 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver Invicta wrote:
wylye wrote:

I keep thinking my lunatic will come good , just over a year old , still plenty of time but hard work . One day I think I may have cracked it , then I have a week of manic behaviour .

You know the old saying about Labs are born part trained and spaniels........Your account immediately brings to mind an illustration in Roger Mcphail's book Open Season Laughing I have a friend who is a head keeper on local Estate and all his pack are several generations of sprockers. Well they kinda train each other and we reckon he does not work them as such he just follows them around.To be fair they do sweep an area picking up very well but never heard a whistle in their busy lives.I do wish you luck and success.Lot of years of pleasure if can control a spirited sprocker.

Best JP
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone been fishing Farmoor? The catch reports are looking quite good on Twitter.
I will be going again in April and will no doubt renew my season ticket.
P
tenet
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoke to rangers yesterday - levels up,still pumping and loads of buzzers with shucks in wind lanes. Fish still deepish but when caught are stuffed with buzzers. Looking good for the next few weeks methinks. Smile
wylye
250 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just back from there. A bit odd really. I was expecting the fish to be deep but feeding on buzzers. There were plenty around. I rigged up a 20' leader with a heavy buzzer on the point and a smaller one about 6' up. Indicator at the junction of line & leader. About the fifth cast the indicator ripped away within a few seconds of landing & then I saw a couple of fish rise so I twigged that I was fishing below them. That one dropped off,

I switched to a midgetip and lighter buzzers & bumped off three in about 20 minutes. By now I'm getting a bit niggly. Not like me to bump off four on the trot. Finally got it sorted & managed to put 4 in the net, but should have been 7. The sun got through at lunchtime and that effectively put an end to it.

Fish are still being caught deep well out apparently.
Liked by: tenet
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Catch and Fishery Reports - All Disciplines -> CFF Members and Guides Catch Reports -> Fly Fishing Stillwaters Catch Reports All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: