The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.fishskb.co.uk

Montanajoe's Ramblings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fishing Diaries and Blogs -> Fishing Diaries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
montanajoe
500 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject: Toft Newton 2 March Reply with quote

After fishing well all week on nymphs the wind and it got a bit chillier got up for our BFTA meet. A good turnout as well. So we set out with high expectations. I set up two rods, one a floater with nymphs in case the fish came up in the water and a Di3 with a black & green tadpole and cat booby which was my starter set up. Things started well and I had a couple of offers near the boat dock and a couple of fish on the black & green further down the bank. Most of the tubes were down near the black pipe, one of my favoured areas so I made my way down there. It was a bit crowded and I never had an offer so decided to head back up the bank where I knew there were some fish. On the way back I decided to stick on a black snake. While not gaining much interest initially I found a pod of fish which liked the snake and after a mad hour or so I had made my total to 7 when I decided to have a tea break in the lodge which was most welcome. So, with renewed vigour I set out again, confident that I had cracked the code. How wrong could you be. I had about 4 tentative offers in the productive area and got talking to Brian who was having no luck. I told him about my efforts with a black snake and he immediately began to catch fish around me. He didn’t put on a snake though but a nomad. I chopped and changed flies and lines, even trying the nymph setup for a while with no luck until a stupid fish took a gold shuggy on an intermediate. It was a difficult day when the fish seemed to switch off and on and if you were lucky enough you could catch a few. It goes to show that every day is different and where nymphs were king the previous couple of days they didn’t work well today. One bank angler did have success drifting buzzers around on the breeze taking 8 fish.
Liked by: Allrounder
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fishing Diaries and Blogs -> Fishing Diaries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29
Page 29 of 29

Jump to: