The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.sølvblank.no

Is it for real ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Discussion -> General Fly
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bazza
4,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:41 am    Post subject: Is it for real ? Reply with quote

It is rumoured to be over 50 lb

http://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/other/world-record-brown-trout-caught-in-tekapo-reports/ar-BBSoVn8?li=BBqdg4K&OCID=HPDHP
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you will soon find out if he is getting it mounted as suggested in the artical.
No doubt he was fishing with his new Tenka rod and a size 20 fly???
Very Happy
Bazza
4,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fryfishing wrote:
Well you will soon find out if he is getting it mounted as suggested in the artical.
No doubt he was fishing with his new Tenka rod and a size 20 fly???
Very Happy

Apparently it was caught using sewing cotton wound on a wooden spool & a bent pin as a hook ... must
be true as we all know we fishers never exaggerate let alone tell fibs !
wylye
250 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a photo of an 18kg brown trout caught from the river I fish in Austria. It was caught in March on a big streamer pattern close to a lake with a lot of coarse fish in it with access to the river. It obviously spent all its time in the lake stuffing roach and ventured out into the river from time to time.
MikeB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it for real ? Reply with quote

Bazza wrote:
It is rumoured to be over 50 lb

http://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/other/world-record-brown-trout-caught-in-tekapo-reports/ar-BBSoVn8?li=BBqdg4K&OCID=HPDHP

I picked up an Oh-nasty clicking on Bazza's link above, may have been coincidence. I looked it up here instead https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/380399/world-record-brown-trout-caught-in-tekapo-reports

I really don't think I'd want a fish that big, record or not. And think of the expense of getting it stuffed, glass case, hanging it on the wall, people coming to see it, having to give them drinks. No, when I catch a record fish (or, if the last couple of outings are anything to go by, any fish) I'll keep quiet about it.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Discussion -> General Fly All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: