The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.sølvblank.no

General Lure Fishing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Coarse Fishing Discussion -> Lure Fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case you are having problems nodding off for an afternoon nap.
I can help as I have posted a new video on dropshot fishing.

Link

Thanks
P
Liked by: fossil-fish
fossil-fish
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent job Peter.
Idea

https://en-gb.facebook.com/woodfordfly/
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the day ticket stretch of the Thames at Goring with a group of friends from the LAS.
The past two trips have been very hard with most of us blanking but today we found actively feeding fish in the mood to chase a lure.
I persisted with the dropshot most of the day to refine the skills on a big river and I was catching small perch from the off.

It was not easy fishing as I had to work the dropshot around a lot of snags and branches in the water and it did cost me about four end rigs so I increased the fluorocarbon to 10lb and that reduced the break offs.
I finished the day with around 20 small perch and one baby jack.
I also spent the last hour bottom bouncing a 3 inch motor oil curl tail and that produced the jack and two good perch.
A great Autumn day on the river.

Liked by: fossil-fish, Whistlekiller, lakefisher, Allrounder
fossil-fish
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great report Peter. The photographs look fantastic with the autumn back drop.

https://en-gb.facebook.com/woodfordfly/
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a lovely warm Autumn day with the threat of rain in the afternoon, we packed up at about 6.30pm and drove home in the pouring rain.
The others all left at around mid afternoon and missed some of the best fishing, apparently the fishing really picks up there as dusk falls.

I fished the motor oil curly tail thinking it would imitate the small cray fish, I am not sure if that was the case but I got a lot of hits but only the three hook ups.
P
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have had my first lure session on Farmoor No1 and I shared the boat with one of the top competition European lure fisherman, he was extremely well kitted out and with out any doubt in my mind new exactly what he was doing.
The first thing was the amount of time he spent searching for bait fish on the fish finder, his philosophy is " no bait fish no perch" and this was confirmed when we found a ball of fish and his first cast took a 3lb perch Very Happy
I was also pleased to see that there was not a vast difference in the way and how we fished, he was just better at it.

Then on the 3/11 we went to Ravensthorpe for an LAS social, which proved to be very unsocial as six people did not show and did not phone to cancel the boats that were booked for them and there was only three of us being social. The other boat of two went out before we arrived and did not make themselves know to us when out on the water.
We discovered on arrival that it was a minimum lure length of seven inches which rather scuppered my plans for a more finesse approach, although we had a good day on the water we did not catch any pike.
I only saw three marks on the fish finder that could have been big pike but they looked inactive on the bottom, there were three other boats out predator fishing but they were dead baiting but also with little success.

Meanwhile the kayak is coming on, I have temporarily fixed the small fish finder and an anchor trolley system, the roof rack arrives next week so I may get to launch it prior to the op on Friday.

Peter
Allrounder
4,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fryfishing wrote:

The first thing was the amount of time he spent searching for bait fish on the fish finder, his philosophy is " no bait fish no perch" and this was confirmed when we found a ball of fish and his first cast took a 3lb perch Very Happy

I think there is a lot to be said for that philosophy, Peter. Smile

This autumn my mate Jack and I only found concentrations of baitfish twice on Chew. The first time was in almost no wind which allowed us to park more or less on top of them in around 25 feet without deploying an anchor or drogue and we caught a lot of small Perch, a couple of Jacks and a 6-12 brownie. The second time there was more wind which meant we drifted over them too quickly to fish effectively even though we deployed a drogue, and we failed to catch. Sad

Good to see the Kayak is coming on nicely! Smile

Alan Wink
B.A.S.S.
Pike Fly Fishing Association

If you see me on the bank, say hello.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Coarse Fishing Discussion -> Lure Fishing All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: