The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.thornwoodtroutfishery.com/

Farmoor 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Catch and Fishery Reports - All Disciplines -> CFF Members and Guides Catch Reports -> Fly Fishing Stillwaters Catch Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could give you a report along the same successful results as Alan at Chew.
Sad

Afraid not, it is still rock hard at Farmoor and to prove the point I was the only boat out and the bank fishers gave up late morning.
I tried all the obvious line formats and lures with out a touch from a trout.
The fish finder was keeping me company and it was showing a mass of bait fish shoals ( my guess perch), I did try to sneak a big perch but that did not work either.

The issue is the water temperature is still high at around 20, Mark the Warden summed it up.
A concrete bowl, clay bottom and warmish Thames water coming into the reservoir maintaining the warm water, Farmoor takes a long time to warm up after winter and will no doubt take more time to cool down after the heat wave.
I am off to Cornwall on Sunday so fingers crossed it may have cooled down on my return.
P
tenet
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Peter - enjoy your holiday Smile
Allrounder
4,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear Farmoor is still out of sorts but it will pass. I'm already looking forward to our now annual winter back drifting trips for bars of silver that refuse to give up! Cool

Alan Wink
B.A.S.S.
Pike Fly Fishing Association

If you see me on the bank, say hello.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Catch and Fishery Reports - All Disciplines -> CFF Members and Guides Catch Reports -> Fly Fishing Stillwaters Catch Reports All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: