The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://fishskb.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=146

1st Chew croc trip - May 2018

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Discussion -> General Fly -> Fly Fishing For Pike
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Allrounder
4,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: 1st Chew croc trip - May 2018 Reply with quote

Tony Lakefisher and I had a provisional date in the diary for today for our first pike session but I couldn't make the whole day so we decided to reschedule to make the long drive worth it for Tony. However as it was the only day worth looking at this week I decided to have a morning boat on my own anyway, just to see how the fishing is going. Very Happy

In some ways the day couldn't have been better as it was overcast and much cooler than of late. The clarity had also lost the gin clear element which was great news but there was a brisk NE wind which made it rather lumpy to say the least so I decided to fish the sheltered bays rather than more open water. I started down the Nunnery side of Herons and shortly past the Oak Trees on a long drift I got a solid lock up which turned out to be a rather fiesty 11lb 4oz pike! Very Happy

After that I was hoping for some more but I had to wait another hour or two for my next fish. However it threw the hook as I got the net ready but as it was a lot smaller at around 6lb, I wasn't too worried. Rolling Eyes

The next couple of drifts were fruitless so I decided to have a look at Villice but had no luck there before trying for the last hour or so behind the Island with the same result. Sad

Although I was fishing for pike I couldn't help noticing the number of large buzzers hatching all morning in Herons and the boils in the waves that were obviously trout. There wasn't as many buzzers or boils in Villice or behind the Island although I saw fish in the waves sometimes no more than a rod length or two away from the boat. If I was trout fishing I would have definitely fished the dries today! Very Happy

Until next time ... Smile

Alan Wink
B.A.S.S.
Pike Fly Fishing Association

If you see me on the bank, say hello.
Liked by: montanajoe, tenet, Thomas Tom-Thomas, Fryfishing, lakefisher
cornish stalker

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one alan, good report and a good start to your chew pike season. Maybe i might fluke one friday, just sorting gear out now.
lakefisher
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Alan, pleased to see that your efforts were rewarded.

Hoping we meet up with some more of the Girls when we reschedule.

Cheers ....... Tony Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Discussion -> General Fly -> Fly Fishing For Pike All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: