The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.sølvblank.no

Elinor

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Discussion -> Venue Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lighthouse
500 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject: Elinor Reply with quote

Elinor welcomed anglers for 2018 on the 10th February and I was able to go and launch my float tube on Friday 16th.

Ticket prices remain the same as 2017 - Day tickets are £24, 6 fish plus C&R (£19 OAP & Junior), Catch and release £17, Boat £10 (£7.50 single angler), Float tube launch £3.

Having been welcomed by Ed', and having my sanity questioned for float tubing in such cold conditions, I made my way down to the water. Presently it's very full, the highest water level I've seen there . . . the boat jetties being under water. The water is however pretty clear.

Finning quietly away from the bank and slowly extending line (fast intermediate) I had my first take of the day which promptly 'fell off'. Fishing close in to the bank which would have been difficult for right handed casters takes were regular but mostly tentative 'plucks'. On the point I was using a bead chain eyed lure on a regular shank size 8 hook with a long marabou tail which may well have exacerbated the problem. After a short while I picked up my first fish to a Cormorant with JC Eyes and a red holo' body. I spent some time prospecting around different areas but found that fish were mainly concentrated near the boat station and along that section of bank.

The water was cold, very cold and despite thermal everything I'd had sufficient 'fun' by lunchtime and decided to call it a day. 7 fish in total, 3 kept, best 5lb 4oz . . .

Liked by: VGB, Allrounder, lakefisher, Whistlekiller
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Discussion -> Venue Reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: