The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.sølvblank.no

General Lure Fishing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Coarse Fishing Discussion -> Lure Fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fossil-fish
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fryfishing wrote:

I buy most of my kit from AGM, Alan has great service.

+1. Have to agree, excellent service.
Idea

https://en-gb.facebook.com/woodfordfly/
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone watch Perch Pro on the You Tube channel kanalgratisdotse.
https://youtu.be/lp6y2pxpxuA

If not I can highly recommend it. it gives a great incite into not only lure fishing but fly fishing for perch.
2018 was slightly disappointing on the fly front as Vision fly fishing stayed on the same spot for most of the competition.

My 2108 lure fishing has so far been a dead loss, but I have a few trips planned. I would also love to have a go fly fishing for the perch on the canal and rivers where I know they live but there is no back cast room Sad

I have also ordered my new fish finder so fingers crossed that will help with the big water fishing.
P
Liked by: fossil-fish
fossil-fish
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched and enjoyed. Fly fishing was fascinating.

https://en-gb.facebook.com/woodfordfly/
VGB

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fryfishing wrote:

My 2108 lure fishing has so far been a dead loss, but I have a few trips planned. I would also love to have a go fly fishing for the perch on the canal and rivers where I know they live but there is no back cast room Sad

Single handed Spey casting will solve that problem. This is a good introduction:

https://vimeo.com/80528240
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True the single Spey or roll cast would work but with a ristricted back cast I would always stick with the lure rod.
I need a river or lake with no back cast restrictions which I do not have access to.
My perch flies take to long to tie to leave up trees.
Thanks
P
VGB

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Restricted back casts are a feature of my local brook. One of our syndicate members made up some shooting heads about 6ft long, they worked pretty well.
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its arrived Very Happy
My new Hook 7 fish finder, a long way from the top of the range but more than enough for me.
I made the box to hold the motor cycle battery and unit and then that gets held on to the boat board with a bungee cord.
The transducer is attached to my old bank stick and g clamp combo that worked well with the other units.

I am off to Farmoor for some lure fishing next week so that will be the first outing and I plan to use it on occasions when fly fishing but mostly when lure fishing.
Watch this space.
Liked by: Allrounder, fossil-fish
Allrounder
4,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you have a nice bit of kit there Peter, and not for silly money either. Very Happy

Nice one! Cool

Alan Wink
B.A.S.S.
Pike Fly Fishing Association

If you see me on the bank, say hello.
JCP
500 Post Club

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject: Sounder Reply with quote

Quite a sophisticated powerful unit.Are there some wrecks at Farmoor apart from the ones in the boats fishing Laughing Should be able to see your snakes with that.

Best JP
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a day at Farmoor with high winds I am very impressed with the new fish finder, at one point I saw a trout follow and take my lure Very Happy
It was a strong N/W wind which meant that we were limited to the top end of No1 as the bottom end was very choppy and out of bounds.
We could not find the perch and failed to convince the Pike to take our lures but the trout wanted soft plastics fished close to the bottom, fun but not what we went for.
I spotted a fish on the finder that must have been one of the resident 30lb pike but it was not moving for any thing we had on offer
I have also discovered a few of No1 secrets and why certain areas fish well from the bank for the trout on the fly.
I may squeeze in another visit weather permitting.
P
Liked by: Allrounder, lakefisher
Allrounder
4,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fryfishing wrote:
... at one point I saw a trout follow and take my lure Very Happy

Blimey .. that IS sophisticated. Shock You'll have the pike boys from Chew after you for details of the model and make! Laughing

I'm sure some will disapprove but its no different from watching a trout move upwind towards your carefully presented dry fly or a pike tracking your fly in clear water. You still have to present the right lure at the right depth etc and as you found, that doesn't mean they have to take it! Very Happy

Alan Wink
B.A.S.S.

Liked by: Fryfishing, lakefisher
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just heard from a friend who fished Farmoor last week in much better conditions and he found the Perch.
He had 2+3lb and 2+4lb plus fish and lost a bigger one.

It is a case of find the Perch and then fish for them as fishing blind is unproductive on such a feature less water as the two concert bowls.
That is a red letter day by anyone's standards.

Very Happy
Allrounder
4,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think big Perch on any reservoir are relatively few and far between and locating them is probably 90% of the challenge. Therefore it makes perfect sense, especially in 20 -30 feet of water, to take advantage of all the help you can get! Smile

The keen young Perch fisher I shared a boat with last autumn on Chew was so impressed with my rather basic Humminbird that he persuaded his girlfriend to buy him a more sophisticated sounder for Christmas. All I can say is she must love him!! Laughing

Alan Wink
B.A.S.S.

Raffa0129

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, I'd love to have a girlfriend like that LOL
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Sounder Reply with quote

JCP wrote:
Quite a sophisticated powerful unit.Are there some wrecks at Farmoor apart from the ones in the boats fishing Laughing Should be able to see your snakes with that.

Best JP
Code:

Hi JP
There were no old pirate ships to be found, I did not spot Wylye's lost rod and reel either Very Happy
But it is very interesting how the concret bowls shelf varies from place to place and how there are the occasional deep drop off or shallow flat within fly casting distance from the bank.
For instance on No1 West Bank where the steps are, about quarter of the way along there is a ten foot flat that then drops off into thirty feet. The rest of that wall has a steady incline of the concrete shelf.

No charge for this information
Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Coarse Fishing Discussion -> Lure Fishing All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: