The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.sølvblank.no

Sea Trout Tips, Tricks & Tribulations - Steffan Jones

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fishing Books -> Books
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lighthouse
500 Post Club

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Sea Trout Tips, Tricks & Tribulations - Steffan Jones Reply with quote

Today I've taken delivery of Steff' Jones newly published book, titled as above. This link tells you a bit about Steffan and his depth of experience - http://www.anglingworldwide.com/about-us - what it doesn't tell you is that he could probably visit you at your home, run your bath and catch a fish out of it . . . he's that kind of an angler.

I've known Steffan for a lot of years and I've been waiting for him to put pen to paper for most of them and I'm not disappointed by what he's just published. When my in-laws lived in West Wales I was a member of the Teifi Trout Association for twelve years, twelve years of chasing these most elusive and enigmatic of fish. I read whatever there was about sea trout fishing . . . obviously Hugh Falkus, but it was clear his work was based almost entirely on his experience of the Border Esk, but mostly, 'Success with Sea Trout' by Moc Morgan and Graeme Harris which was more in tune with where I was fishing and considerably more 'modern'.

Steffan's book is set to become essential reading for anyone with an interest in sea trout and I believe it is destined to become a 'classic' in its own right. 25 chapters just packed with experience and practical advice - hugely comprehensive and highly recommended.
Liked by: Whistlekiller
VGB

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He’s also bloody good company to fish with.
Grey Hackle
7,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The book - signed copy is being offered for auction by the WTT next month with a guide price of £60.00.

Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fishing Books -> Books All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: