Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum
Fly Fishing Forum and Fly Tying Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.fishskb.co.uk

Montanajoe's Ramblings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27

Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Fishing Diaries and Blogs -> Fishing Diaries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
montanajoe
500 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Ladybower Last day Reply with quote

A lovely late autumn day with a little breeze. It was a one-off day when boats could loose feed with pellets which the did around the cages. Boats and tubes had allocated slots for fishing around the cages.

I started with an ILB and a sweet Susan booby on the dropper working along the roadside I hooked my first fish on the ILB. There was lots of fish feeding on the loose fed pellets which drifted down from the boats at the cages but they were proving difficult to take with all the free food. I decided to paddle across to Ladybower bay and suddenly hooked into something substantial on the booby which stated pulling me around a bit and was the only trout in recent time I had to play off the reel. Eventually I managed to fit it into my net at the second attempt. What a lump, more similar in shape to a carp than a trout! Rick was kind enough to take a few photos. It was the biggest fattest rainbow Iíve ever seen. It must have been a good 20lbs and was safely returned to pull someone elseís string. My first double in 45 years of fishing.

After that I went back in for a deserved cup of tea. I stayed away from the free offerings and worked the road shore and into Ladybower bay. I had great sport the remainder of the day with normal sized fish and a couple of small escapees which must have went Ĺ lb at least. Most of these took the ILB. I ended up with 9 for the day with a lot of offers and lost fish.
Back at base I found out that 3 other fish around 20 mark had been caught by Rick, Frank and Paul.
What a last day before the boats come off. Bank fishing is still available by appointment. What a place!!

Liked by: lakefisher
Whistlekiller
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skinflint!!!!

When are you going to buy a bigger net? Twisted Evil

Web - SKB Fly Fishing
Facebook - SKB Facebook
Twitter - SKB Twitter
Blue Hound - Web Music
Grey Hackle
7,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your first double. It looks a corker.
Allrounder
4,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a slab!!! Shock Shock Cool

I would be afraid of being upended in a tube if I hooked something like that and it power dived! Laughing

Congratulations Iain! Cool

Alan Wink
B.A.S.S.
Bridgwater AA

If you see me on the bank, say hello.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Fishing Diaries and Blogs -> Fishing Diaries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Page 27 of 27

Jump to: