Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum
Fly Fishing Forum and Fly Tying Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.fishskb.co.uk

Lure Fishing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Coarse Fishing Forum -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fossil-fish
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Fryfishing"]
Next goal will be a five pound Perch Shock
Shock Shock Shock[/quote]

I have never seen a 3lb perch and can't even imagine what a 4lber looks like in the flesh.
Shock

https://en-gb.facebook.com/woodfordfly/
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are out there.

http://www.anglingtimes.co.uk/news-2017/monster-5lb-thames-perch-is-caught-on-a-lure

But very hard to find.
P
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We fished the Thames in Oxfordshire last week.
It was a good stretch with easy path access along the bank and did not look like it was regularly thrashed by fishermen.
There was talk of big Perch from the bailiff (53cm) so the potential is there, it would be a great stretch to fish from a boat as the far bank looked very fishy.
The property on the other bank was amazing,I guess several million to buy.
We all fished hard all day with little to show for it but as the day drew to a close pike started to move and show themselves, I finished with one of around 5lb on a five inch curly tail and jig which it took on the drop.
The only down side is there are lots of snags waiting to eat expensive lures, so I stuck with the soft plastics and jig heads.

I am still very tempted to buy a kayak, it would have been a good location for one, but an hour and half drive from my house.
There is nowhere to use one near where I live.

I have also been creating some giant spinners which have been influenced by the musky vids on YouTube I will take some pictures and post them for some feed back and tips maybe a video on YouTube as well.

The joy of retirement
Very Happy
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A day of mixed results fishing soft plastics (and not losing any) on the grand union canal.
The action included a few over ambitious Perch and a pike of around six pounds but the bigger perch did not show apart from a good one I hooked and lost in a lock gate opening.

As promised here is a picture of some spinners I have been working on. They have not caught any fish yet and they are also the first prototypes.
The idea for them came from the Muskie lures in the states and some times sold over here by ABU & Savage Gear.
The hair skirts are tied on plastic tubes, the one on the left is Angelina fibre, next is buck tail, third is pike fly fibres and the last is a bodge up with silicon skirt and curly tail grub.
The double french blades work well ( and give of lots of vibrations) so I am considering changing them all to double blades rather than single
They cast a long way, look good in the water and would be a good mouthful.
Let me know what you think Very Happy

Liked by: fossil-fish
tenet
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the job for back drifting Embarassed Embarassed

Have you ever come across this UK company. I used them to import my St Croix fly rod but they major on lure fishing.

https://www.franglaisfishing.com

Cheers

Doug
Liked by: Fryfishing
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you spot I have changed the header to Lure Fishing Very Happy
Reading back over some old posts it struck me that the reports cover more areas than just the UK.

Thanks Doug, back trolling with spinners at Farmoor how would you explain that when they do a hook check Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

The weather has changed here, I managed to sneak in a bit of fishing yesterday (Friday 17th Nov) and it was more like a spring day than the approaching winter. We need the rain as the lakes and rivers are very low.

A couple of updates.
I have just bought cheap Kastking Spartacus bait caster for my travel rod, on first sight/use it seems a good bit of kit. Time will tell.

https://youtu.be/iLB-4Q4dD58

Check out the classic Kalin's curly tail grubs, they have much more action than other makes and the fish love them, they can be tough to find here and more expensive than in good old Trump land.
P
Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Coarse Fishing Forum -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: