Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum
Fly Fishing Forum and Fly Tying Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.thornwoodtroutfishery.com/

European Sport Fishing Show in Bristol - who is going?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Forum -> General Fly Fishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trout
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy to find, great parking. The venue was really spacious and lighting was good. Adequate toilets, bit of food and drink available too! Plenty of people to chat too as well, nice to see a few faces from the forum. Generally had good responses from everyone on the BW stand so thanks to anyone who dropped by for a chat! Happy I got to waggle a few lure rods and see lots of shiny and fluffy things, like most, I still like looking at all the gear like I did when I was 15!!

Nice to see smaller dealers there talk about products. If you feel you have to make 8k at a place like that, you may be doing something wrong! Hopefully footfall will be greater next year, but a massive learning curve for anyone involved and a well done to Toby and everyone who made it happen!
Liked by: Allrounder, blondie
Allrounder
4,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

westcountryboy wrote:

So onwards and upwards for next year. Dates will be announced very soon ....

That's excellent news Toby! Looking forward to it already Very Happy

Alan Wink
B.A.S.S.
Bridgwater AA

If you see me on the bank, say hello.
Liked by: trout
Andrew Moray
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this post whilst "lurking" and had meant to post in the thread earlier.

Bloody well done Toby!!, brave move, big gamble and a HUGE amount of time and coordination.
Very pleased for you mate.
Hope it goes from strength to strength.

Tony
Liked by: blondie
Allrounder
4,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the dates for next years show have now been confirmed for the same venue on Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th November 2018. More details here

Alan Wink
B.A.S.S.
Bridgwater AA

Whistlekiller
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allrounder wrote:
I see the dates for next years show have now been confirmed for the same venue on Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th November 2018. More details here

Alan Wink

Things taken on-board already. Well done Toby. This will avoid the clash with end of season trout antics! Very Happy

Web - SKB Fly Fishing
Facebook - SKB Facebook
Twitter - SKB Twitter
Blue Hound - Web Music
Liked by: Allrounder
Lighthouse
250 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is brilliant news and a 'BIG UP' to Toby for having the commitment and the cohones to go for it!
Liked by: Allrounder, blondie
lakefisher
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a plea for information Chaps - As I do not know Bristol at all, what is the situation with car parking ? Is there plenty at the venue ? - or where do I go if the venue car park is full ??

I would have liked to attend this last show, but was put off by not knowing the answer to the above questions Embarassed Thought that the stated 500 spaces may well be mainly filled by stall holders first thing, or am I wrong.

I had no wish to be "touring" the area looking for somewhere safe to park Laughing

Thanks in advance for any advise ...... Tony Cool
Allrounder
4,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Show takes place indoors within a large Conference Centre so does not encroach on the advertised 500 car parking spaces, Tony. Smile

I also understand there is room for expansion within the Bristol Exhibition and Conference Centre should it be felt necessary and the Centre itself is situated within the University of the West of England (UWE) campus so there should be other car parks available to the organiser on site should he feel he needs them.

Access is very easy as the venue is situated on the ringroad on the outskirts of Bristol rather than within the City itself. Very Happy

Alan Wink
B.A.S.S.
Bridgwater AA

Liked by: blondie, lakefisher
blondie
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair play and well done to Toby,for putting the show on in the westcountry Cool .
Thought the centre was excellent for a show,with plenty of parking.Good layout of stalls and catering facilities too.Nice to catch up with a few old faces and Toby as well. Very Happy
Takes a lot of guts and outlay I should imagine, to put on a show like this.Cant remember a show like this in Bristol ever as other shows seem to be up north or London way .We have been pretty poorly catered for Untill now Smile
As mentioned to me by Rich and noticed,a serious lack of younger people at the show Sad Dont seem to be many coming in to the sport unlike Carp fishing?
Let's hope next years bigger and even better.Wouldent mind if there were Carp and sea fishing represented too at the show Wink
Regards.Steve Smile
Liked by: Allrounder
Allrounder
4,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blondie wrote:

Wouldent mind if there were Carp and sea fishing represented too at the show Wink

The link I posted above states that .. 'Due to the success of the first ESF Show in October 2017 we can proudly announce the dates of the largest FLY, LURE and SEA FISHING (my emphasis) show in the UK in 2018. Make sure to put it in your diaries'!

Not sure if the inclusion of 'sea fishing' is a tweak following feedback from last time or if it was there all along, but if it is, it is a good move in my opinion as there is a thriving sea fishing community around Bristol based around the Bristol Channel. Very Happy

Feedback from the lure fishing community also seems to be very positive as summarised in highly respected Bass lure angler Henry Gilbey's Blog

Alan Wink
B.A.S.S.
Bridgwater AA

Whistlekiller
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allrounder wrote:
blondie wrote:

Wouldent mind if there were Carp and sea fishing represented too at the show Wink

The link I posted above states that .. 'Due to the success of the first ESF Show in October 2017 we can proudly announce the dates of the largest FLY, LURE and SEA FISHING (my emphasis) show in the UK in 2018. Make sure to put it in your diaries'!

Not sure if the inclusion of 'sea fishing' is a tweak following feedback from last time or if it was there all along, but if it is, it is a good move in my opinion as there is a thriving sea fishing community around Bristol based around the Bristol Channel. Very Happy

Feedback from the lure fishing community also seems to be very positive as summarised in highly respected Bass lure angler Henry Gilbey's Blog

Alan Wink

The Dublin Fishing Show at Swords, held in February each year encompasses all forms of fishing regardless and as a result is by far the busiest and best attended show we're involved with. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Bristol show eventually went down this route as the model certainly does bring in the punters (and the youngsters) and allows for a great deal of cross-pollination.

Web - SKB Fly Fishing
Facebook - SKB Facebook
Twitter - SKB Twitter
Blue Hound - Web Music
Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Forum -> General Fly Fishing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: