Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum
Fly Fishing Forum and Fly Tying Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.completefisher.com/ad_rates.html

Farmoor 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Forum -> Catch Reports -> Stillwaters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wylye
100 Post Club

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patience lads, patience. All will become good in the due fullness of time.
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And while you are waiting for things to cooooool down, you can read FF&FT to find out how the experts fish Farmoor.
Plus there is a chance to read about the dark art of the sweep and rolly polly.
I am of to a day ticket carp fishery tomorrow to try and catch some monster perch supposedly lurking in the muddy water.
Very Happy
tenet
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the back of some encouraging reports on the boat fishing on Tuesday and Thursday I made an unplanned visit yesterday. Conditions were good with cloud base building when I set sail around 1.30pm and a healthy breeze. Reports were that fish were on the dries so set free drift to take advantage of the WSW breeze. Each drift produced interest but no commitment from the fish. Strangely although fish were coming to inspect my offerings there was no sign of fish moving and very little fly life. I noticed that the other 5 or 6 boats all had occupants facing the wrong way so surmised things were tough. Set up some nymphs with a glue buzzer on the point and db's on the droppers and shortly thereafter this fella took a fancy to the db on the top dropper

Spent the rest of the afternoon drifting hither and thither again getting some interest to dries, enough to keep you on your toes, but the only other fish came to a cruncher on the point whilst nymphing.

The wind was very cold and the air temp below that of the water which is never good. Most of the boats packed in by 5pm and the banks were cleared by 7.30pm so not a good day. As Wylye said above, we need to see temps fall even further for the fish to come on song and TW to consider some stocking.

Cheers

Doug
Liked by: Fryfishing, Allrounder
tenet
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F1 has now reopened for business just as Chew comes on song - decisions, decisions, decisions.
Liked by: Allrounder
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went out side first thing this morning and thought its getting colder, must be time for Farmoor.
I will make the trip up there next week as I am a busy pensioner this week.
P
Liked by: Allrounder
JCP
500 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Decisions Reply with quote

tenet wrote:
F1 has now reopened for business just as Chew comes on song - decisions, decisions, decisions.

Like sea trout fishing Doug.''wait until dark and then wait again'' Will be September soon.Mushrooms here now Laughing . Looks like ''hopperama''on BW so guessing FM will burst into life soon.Take care and be lucky.

Best JP
Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Forum -> Catch Reports -> Stillwaters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: