Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum
Fly Fishing Forum and Fly Tying Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://fishskb.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=146

UK Lure Fishing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Coarse Fishing Forum -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fryfishing
750 Post Club

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the reason we pay more for braid
http://youtu.be/hEonHrgZAmM

The lure fishing has been a bit slow of late what with the club water being closed and the canal being slow and mucky.
I am looking forward to some LMB fishing in New England but have been thrown a curve ball being told about the excellent fly fishing for trout there.
P
Fryfishing
750 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

16th May and the lure fishing starts at Pitsford. I had a boat booked Very Happy and turned up at around 9am to find I was the last boat out.
Some of the big names from the UK lure world were there ( plus me Very Happy) and every boat had been booked through to the weekend.
For those who do not know this reservoir it is split into two, access to the larger half is through the tunnel, the first half was more sheltered and it seemed that most of the anglers chose to fish here. I on the other hand ventured through the tunnel into the teeth of the wind that was blowing the whole length of the reservoir, chugged up about half way, threw out the drogue and started fishing. It was blooming hard work due to the speed of the drift and lack of line control. I gave up the thought of catching my new personal best perch and set about catching some thing. On went the ABU Atom and a Mepps No 3 on the other rod, that did the trick the pike were at the end of the drifts in shallow water and they took on both lures, I also had a very nice 3lb plus brown from the shallows.
At around four the rain started and the wind continued to blow, I gave up at around five but to be honest it was a silly decision as the rain stopped and the wind dropped as I unloaded the boat.
The stories on the boat ramp were that the odd big perch had been caught along with pike, I was quite pleased with my effort of two good pike four trout and a probable 6lb plus trout that hit the Atom tore off, lept out of the water and threw the lure rather contemptuously.
Ff

Last edited by Fryfishing on Wed May 17, 2017 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Liked by: Allrounder, fossil-fish
Allrounder
4,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you meant the 16th May, Peter! Laughing

Great report and whatever one may think, fishing with artificial lures as well as flies is probably the direction of travel for many of our larger reservoirs. Very Happy

Alan Wink
B.A.S.S.
Bridgwater AA

If you see me on the bank, say hello.
Fryfishing
750 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan you are right on both accounts.
Catching trout on shinny spoons and spinners is not as easy as people think, and landing them once they are on is even harder.
fossil-fish
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a fantastic day out. Well done.

https://en-gb.facebook.com/woodfordfly/
Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Coarse Fishing Forum -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: