Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum
Fly Fishing Forum and Fly Tying Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://fishskb.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=146

Secret Flies of the Czech and Slovak Fly-Tyers

Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Fishing Books -> Books
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grey Hackle
7,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject: Secret Flies of the Czech and Slovak Fly-Tyers Reply with quote

Eleven Czech and ten Slovak fly fishers and tiers provide information about their favourite patterns, tying techniques and their use in practice to the wider fly fishing comunity. All information is presented in Czech and Slovak with the English translation. This book contains more then 350 successful patterns (dry flies, wet flies, midges, nymphs, streamers) verified in practice. It was first published in 2009 and was priced at Euro29.50 if memory serves me correct. Alas the book is no longer available having sold out. A second hand copy will cost 199.49 now. So anybody who bought the book is now sitting on a tidy paper profit. Despite that it is a smashing read and if the price falls may be one to add to the library.

Cool
springwell
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a very good book.

I've a copy of this one, signed. I got to know the author quite well, a really nice person. I used to send him copies of Trout and Salmon as he couldn't get copies out where he lives.

I also acquired from eastern Europe some very nice nymphs, tied on hooks bigger than we use for grayling from another "Czech" grayling expert, one of Karel's "Friends" in the book.

Not long now before it's nice and cold to get after the big grayling Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Fishing Books -> Books All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: