Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum
Fly Fishing Forum and Fly Tying Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://fishskb.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=146

Eyebrook Reservoir - 25/3/2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Forum -> Venue Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lighthouse
250 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Eyebrook Reservoir - 25/3/2012 Reply with quote

I started fly fishing when I was 16 years old ... which makes this my 44th season ... and today I've had a day the like of which I've never had before.

My boat partner and I agreed to meet at 10am and with the best will in the world he's not someone who's troubled by any sense of urgency ... I doubt if we were in the boat and fishing before 11am. Our first anchor spot was unproductive so we moved further up the reservoir and by 1pm I'd completed my 8 fish limit, best fish 4lb 12oz. By the time we finished at around 5.30pm I'd caught and released a further 23 fish.

The fish were concentrated 50 to 100m off the bank and must have been there in such numbers that at times it seemed that you could have walked to the bank over their backs.
Alfly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you had a real red letter day there Very Happy Very Happy . Still, after 44 years Paul you should be getting good at it by now Laughing

cheers

Al.
Lighthouse
250 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfly wrote:
Still, after 44 years Paul you should be getting good at it by now Laughing

cheers

Al.

Nope, still consider myself an 'experienced beginner' ... and that's the joy of fly fishing!
nath_bailiff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hoping to fish this reservoir when i get down to the rutland area in summer, and recommendations on spot?
Fly recommendations? Smile
Lighthouse
250 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you be bank or boat fishing?

Hopefully, by the summer, we will have had some water as the West bank is, or was very recently, closed to bank anglers due to the very low water conditions and exposed mud banks.

In any event, by the summer, the fish will be very well distributed all over the water and, in the main, their concentration will be a factor of the weather conditions at the time. Hazel Tree and the Pines are always popular spots.
Chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great day Paul.
I fished a couple of competitions on Eyebrook when I was interested in such things, and always did badly there for some reason.
When fishing for pleasure I had a few good days but always struggled a bit. Perhaps I should give it another go this year Smile

Fish SKB - The Very Best Fly Fishing Tackle and Fishing Flies
Casting At Shadows - New Zealand and Christmas Island DVDs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
nath_bailiff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant i will pop down on the 18th june, more than likely on the boat.

thanks for the advice, ive only ever fished the water once in the past so any advice on features etc are appreciated.

ty
nath
Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Forum -> Venue Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: