The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.fishskb.co.uk

Chigboro 21st Sept-Cherry gone!"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Catch and Fishery Reports - All Disciplines -> CFF Members and Guides Catch Reports -> Fly Fishing Stillwaters Catch Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baldyian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Chigboro 21st Sept-Cherry gone!" Reply with quote

Spent the afternoon there with Hellbound showing me the ropes as a novice and took my first 2 from Priory!

I know it's not a real challenge for you experienced guys but it was great to land a couple of fish and get some casting practice in whilst I was there.

All in all a good afternoon and thanks again to Hellbound for his help. I will return as soon as I can and will eventually progress to the bigger stuff.
Chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Ian, hopefully there are many more fish waiting for you Smile

Fish SKB - The Very Best Fly Fishing Tackle and Fishing Flies
Casting At Shadows - New Zealand and Christmas Island DVDs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Keeno
100 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Ian

Glad you got into the fish. and no doubt before long you will be getting into the fish on the other lakes.

tight lines

Keeno
hellbound
750 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done again ian , wish i have my camra on me 2 take a pic of ur smile on ur 1st trout , ur wecome for the help anytime mate Smile

There’s a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
Keeno
100 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol

i could see the spring in Ians step from the other bank. Laughing

Defo have to all get together soon for a session over there. especially once the baby is here can feel the need of a little peace and R&R. lol

keeno
nickw

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First outing for a while.

Fished at Chigboro 8th (October), very sunny though cool wind from north. I started on Home on a pontoon to the right of aerator with a white cats whisker but was getting a fair amount of weed on the fly. Went round to Priory and caught a couple off the top with a Daddy about 1pm then wandered over to Rook. Tried the Cat again but struggled with trying to cast into the wind although I saw a fair number of fish about. Moved back to Priory for the last couple of hours and had a good take on the Daddy but missed it.

Saw a few caught on Home and one on Rook but couldn't seem to get the right fly / method.

Anyone else catching at Chigboro who could comment ?
hellbound
750 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wecome 2 the fourm nick Smile

ive not fished over there for a few weeks , but when i was over there last most of the fish was near the top , takeing daddys , mite be a bit 2 early for the cats atm give it a a week or so then they should turn 2 lures . try black small buzzers under a dry daddy as most of the fish are still up in the water in the 1st 2ft of water, on rooks best times are 1st thing in the moring , and late in the day , hope this is of soe help ,

There’s a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
nickw

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that's helpful, thank you. I should be back there again next week, work allowing.

Would you fish the buzzer on a NZ method off the daddy's hook bend and what would be a good length to start 6" ?

Thanks again

Nick
hellbound
750 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wood fish a small black buzzer size 14-16 NZ method 12" is a good start many fish are in the top ft of water , under a foam daddy is good at this time , if ur geting more takes on the drop move the buzzer up a bit , good spots 2 try as well over on rooks is were the boat is ,just to the left , and down near the rush bed , if they are chaseing lures try a mini humgus , Smile

nickw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that I will certainly give it a go. The middle of the week looks good, I will let you know how I get on.

Nick
Chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Nick Smile

Fish SKB - The Very Best Fly Fishing Tackle and Fishing Flies
Casting At Shadows - New Zealand and Christmas Island DVDs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
nickw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed a few hours today and had a great result. Lovely day to be out warm and sunny with a light breeze.

Started over on Home and had a 2lb rainbow after a couple of casts then a 3lb fish about half an hour later.
Then a bit later I lost another and things went a bit quiet.

Walked round to Rooks and fished the far end into a light breeze. Not much showing but manged a Brown of about 2.5lb, my first still water Brown. A much gentler take than the rainbows.

BTW most of the reeds down there have been grubbed out.

All the fish were on a size 14 black epoxy buzzer fished about 12" under a dry daddy - thanks Hellbound !

Nick
Keeno
100 Post Club

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Nickw

Sounds like you had a great day. Did you fish till the rise in the evening?

Keeno
nickw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I couldn't stay too long I was only able to fit in a few hours 11am till about 3pm. Should have gone again today but will have to wait a bit longer.
Keeno
100 Post Club

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need to get out there soon too. Though with the new arrival and the better half not able to drive for 6 weeks can see it being Dec before i get over there. Made even worse knowing its fishing really well at the moment too. (Hellbound had in his words "A Red Letter Day" last week)

Tight Lines
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Catch and Fishery Reports - All Disciplines -> CFF Members and Guides Catch Reports -> Fly Fishing Stillwaters Catch Reports All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: