Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum
Fly Fishing Forum and Fly Tying Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.thornwoodtroutfishery.com/

Venue Review - Hazel Copse (Surrey)

Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Forum -> Venue Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Maidment

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Venue Review - Hazel Copse (Surrey) Reply with quote

Barnards Rudgwick, Surrey, RH12 3AF, England

Definately a "no frills" fishery but excellent value for money. Two small lakes offering Catch & Kill and Catch & Release, good conditioned rainbows and browns with the occasional suprise double (witnessed a 16lb rainbow a couple of months ago!). No facilities to talk of but a good honest owner (Wilf) who will tell you exactly how its fishing, good or bad and the current methods.

Don't be fooled by the two or three big grass carp/ornamental commons in either lake, they might take a fly but not sure if you'd land them! Had a lot of fun fishing buzzers here and if its not too crowded, try parallel to the bank as the browns tend to hug the margins. A good venue for the beginner.
FryFly
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Wilf has stopped stocking salmon then. I know it was costing him too much at one point.

www.unchartedwatersthefilm.com

"Having an affair with Africa is like any great love, It will take you through conflicting emotions of hate & desire, joy & despair & if you stay long enough it will drive you insane and in your madness you will finally realise that come what may, this is where you were meant 2 be."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
Chub1
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FryFly wrote:
So Wilf has stopped stocking salmon then. I know it was costing him too much at one point.

He has not stocked them for some time ,just browns and rainbows now.
I like the place,ok 'pretty' it aint and its small,but Wilf is honest and will tell you if its hard going.Have had some good sport there earlier this year.
FryFly
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remeber buzzers were pretty dam effective on the bottom lake - think I caught my first ever brown there.

www.unchartedwatersthefilm.com

"Having an affair with Africa is like any great love, It will take you through conflicting emotions of hate & desire, joy & despair & if you stay long enough it will drive you insane and in your madness you will finally realise that come what may, this is where you were meant 2 be."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
Chub1
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FryFly wrote:
I remeber buzzers were pretty dam effective on the bottom lake - think I caught my first ever brown there.

Yup Cool have done really well on them.The furthest pool,right over in the far corner produced a lot of fish for me earlier in teh year and all to buzzers Cool
It is just a shame its small as even midweek it can get pretty busy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Forum -> Venue Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: