Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum
Fly Fishing Forum and Fly Tying Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.completefisher.com/ad_rates.html

Venue Review - Delbury Hall Fishery-Shropshire

Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Forum -> Venue Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chub1
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Venue Review - Delbury Hall Fishery-Shropshire Reply with quote

Delbury Hall trout fishery situated Near the village of Diddlebury,close to Craven Arms and Ludlow in shropshire.
although i only fish this venue a couple of times per year,if i lived close by,it is one of those places that i would use on a regular basis.
The fishery is comprised of two lakes.The smaller of the two has three islands with bays and points.The larger lake has one central island and is around three acres.The lakes are usually very very clear,being spring fed,so fish are easily spotted.
Excellent buzzer and even better dry fly fishing with very free rising fish, although most patterns should catch,ie small damsels,mini cats,ptns etc etc dependent on conditions and time of year.Last year the lakes suffered with heavy weed growth,which did restrict some of the vantage points,but many fisheries seem to be suffering in the same way at present.
Small lodge with toilet and kettle/tea/coffee(rarely any milk-only powdered-yuk,be warned)seating and tables.Virtually self service ticketing.If no one around,fill in book on arrival,plus printed slip,post slip with money into letter box within lodge and start fishing.At end of session weigh in and complete catch return.
Charges are, any 5 hours-15 take one fish and catch and release.Full day-25 take two fish and catch and release,which i personally think is very good value.
Stock consists of rainbows,blues,some golds along with browns which should be returned.Most of the fish seem to be on the smaller side of two pounds,but are usually in tip top condition and fight very well,which makes up for the lack of size.
On the occasions i /we have been lucky enough to fish,it has always been fairly quite-in fact we have had the lakes to ourselves on more than one occasion,so its not hammered daily.
All in all a very nice spot to spend a morning/afternoon or all day fishing.

http://www.delbury.com/trout_fishery.htm
ma1308

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We spent 5 hours here yesterday 16/08/08 windy and very wet the top pool I think they call the Garden pool was full of weed and pea green the lower Corve pool was muddy in colour with a fair amount of algae we could see a lot of fish moving with 3 or 4 Golden about 20 feet out, after the 5 hours I had managed to catch 6 lost 1 I was pleased with catching one of the elusive Golden trout, I was dropping the flies on their heads but they was having none of it.

Despite the weather we enjoyed it we had the place to ourselves, well a father and son did turn up but left within an hour weather I think, like the first review value for money and the fish was biting I did read a notice on the board in the hut that it had come to the managements attention that some people where not paying and some were taking more fish than the ticket allowed the poster said if this continued they may close the fishery, this would be a great shame why if you have had a good day do some people abuse the trust?

To sum it up had a good day caught fish never got tangled up the grounds are well kept and we will be going back.................flies caught on Orange/Black Montana, Gold Head Daddy, Gold Head Buzzer and a Viva.
Chub1
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ma1308 wrote:
We spent 5 hours here yesterday 16/08/08 windy and very wet the top pool I think they call the Garden pool was full of weed and pea green the lower Corve pool was muddy in colour with a fair amount of algae we could see a lot of fish moving with 3 or 4 Golden about 20 feet out, after the 5 hours I had managed to catch 6 lost 1 I was pleased with catching one of the elusive Golden trout, I was dropping the flies on their heads but they was having none of it.

Despite the weather we enjoyed it we had the place to ourselves, well a father and son did turn up but left within an hour weather I think, like the first review value for money and the fish was biting I did read a notice on the board in the hut that it had come to the managements attention that some people where not paying and some were taking more fish than the ticket allowed the poster said if this continued they may close the fishery, this would be a great shame why if you have had a good day do some people abuse the trust?

To sum it up had a good day caught fish never got tangled up the grounds are well kept and we will be going back.................flies caught on Orange/Black Montana, Gold Head Daddy, Gold Head Buzzer and a Viva.

Fished it back in June and the water was crystal clear,but weed was becomming a problem.
Hope they don't close.Why do people have to spoil it all for others-15 in my opinion is very good value even if you returned evey fish.
Just hope they catch the culprits
Chub1
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had another session there this week.Water clarity pretty good and no weed problems.Plenty of fish moving to buzzer and dries.
A pleasure to be there Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Forum -> Venue Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: