Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum
Fly Fishing Forum and Fly Tying Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.completefisher.com/ad_rates.html

Venue Review - Bransford Game fishery

Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Forum -> Venue Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chub1
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Venue Review - Bransford Game fishery Reply with quote

Having only fished here once(JULY 2008),i may not be the best judge-however.
This is a very small fishery,two small pools stuffed with fish and a very very small c/r pool(too small in my opinion) fishable either as part of a catch and kill ticket or on its own.I would imagine the fishing would be easy,pretty well anytime and very very easy at any other time,probably too easy.
Ok thats the small negatives out of the way.
Plus sides=You are going to get some action,no doubt.Pleasant little lodge with clean toilets,tea and coffee on tap,fridge in which to place your trout whilst fishing and a few bits and bobs for sale.The fish we caught were only small,up to around 2.5lb,but were in very good condition and fought like maniacs.Browns are stocked-must be returned and we saw two caught at around 5lb on the day we visited.
The owner is a very likeable guy,easy going and will gladly show you around his aviaries.He breeds Jungle cock and some huge cockerel.
At 30 four fish and 20 two,even if you excluded the c/r on the tickets, it aint bad value.Just be prepared to catch rather quickly and have a follow on ticket.These are priced at 20 four fish and 10 for two.Catch and release only is 10,which for a total novice would be brilliant-its heaving with fish Laughing
Laughing.Do not leave your catch on stringers in the lakes,they have crayfish,hence the fridge supplied to place your catch into.
Situated at Bransford near Worcester,in some glorious countryside,its worth a look if in that area.
Pub with really well priced Ale and very well priced good quality food is situated about five minute drive away-the owner will direct you
http://www.bransfordgame.com/

All in all a pleasant little fishery to spend a few hours at
royvs
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the place I take my Grandchildren to..they love it for all the reasons stated.

The C&R pool is not always as easy as it seems...they get a bit fed up with being hooked and become street wise.
Chub1
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

royvs wrote:
It's the place I take my Grandchildren to..they love it for all the reasons stated.

The C&R pool is not always as easy as it seems...they get a bit fed up with being hooked and become street wise.

royvs,the owner fed the fish twice when we were there Laughing Laughing it was a boiling couldron Mr. Green Mr. Green No,guess they will get fed up with flies wizzing around them ,just like any other fish.
Having spoken to two regulars,they were of the opinion that you have to be damn unlucky NOT to catch Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

royvs wrote:

Hi Roy

After a disastrous trip to Draycote recently I decided to have a bit of casting practice at BGF. Not having seen the fishery before I decided to buy a c&r ticket. In hindsight this was a mistake as the pool is tiny as are the majority of the fish. In the space of about three hours I had 30+ trout, I also had a lot come adrift. As a one off I kind of enjoyed it but I would not want to do it again but as you said ideal for kids.

As a fishery it is a nice place to spend a few hours and the two put and take lakes seem to offer a bit more of a challenge with some bigger fish putting in an appearance, but still seemed relatively easy with most taking their limit in pretty short order.

In summary if time is short and you need almost guaranteed sport then Bransford Game Fishery is well worth a look. Smile

TF
Chub1
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just returned here for another crack and had another good if a little easy day after a slowish start.Fish in good order and fight very well.Prices same as last year
except c/r is now 12.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       Complete Fisher Forum - Fly Fishing Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Forum -> Venue Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: